The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

First Year Accommodation at Newcastle Uni

hi, i am going to (hopefully) be coming to newcastle in september, but am going to be applying for accommodation soon.

park view is my favourite by far as i’m self catered and it’s in the price range.

However it seems to be a popular place to stay. i just wondered how likely is is that i get placed in park view if i put it as first choice. also when will applications re open after corona virus
Thank you!!
Reply 1
me too
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
hi, i am going to (hopefully) be coming to newcastle in september, but am going to be applying for accommodation soon.

park view is my favourite by far as i’m self catered and it’s in the price range.

However it seems to be a popular place to stay. i just wondered how likely is is that i get placed in park view if i put it as first choice. also when will applications re open after corona virus
Thank you!!

Hi Anonymous,

It's great to hear you are interested in studying with us! :smile:

In terms of accommodation popularity, it is difficult to tell which accommodation site will be the most popular each year. Some room types are in high demand but low quantity, and these rooms will then be split between male and female gender to ensure a balanced community. So we would advise that to maximise your options, make sure you include residences with a large number of room types :smile: In the meantime, you can find all information on Park View here: https://bit.ly/3a78U6T.

In terms of application open dates, as you know, applications aren't open yet due to the ongoing pandemic so we've had to prioritise supporting our current students who have been unable to travel home. The timing of the Government lifting current restrictions may have an impact on when we can open applications, so we're continuously monitoring the situation. Offer holders will get an email from us as soon as applications do open, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

Hope this helps :smile:

- Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending