The Student Room Group

Struggling with A level sociology

Hi guys, I’ve been really struggling with Sociology, not the concepts but like how to write essays. I’ve missed a lot of school, hence why it feels impossible to catch up and I was wondering what if anyone has any tips?
Reply 1
Original post by niallhoranfan
Hi guys, I’ve been really struggling with Sociology, not the concepts but like how to write essays. I’ve missed a lot of school, hence why it feels impossible to catch up and I was wondering what if anyone has any tips?

All of my teachers recommend that you structure paragraphs with the whole PEEL thing, and that's good but I think it's also good to get into paragraphs evaluation through alternative sociologists opinions as well as linking back to the question at the end. So, if you were writing a paragraph you'd write your point in answer to the question, a sociologist to back this up with some vague stats (or just say a majority/minority), then you explain how it links to the point, and link it back to the question. Added bit at end saying, however ----- sociologist disagrees with this as -----. hope that makes some sense!
Thank you, that is so helpful!
Reply 3
Original post by niallhoranfan
Thank you, that is so helpful!

glad I helped : )

Quick Reply

Latest