The Student Room Group

Firmed RVC Offer Holders (For Sept 2020)

Hi everyone!

This thread is for RVC offer holders (for September 2020) who have firmed their offer as either first or second choice.

After speaking to another person in the same situation, we thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can share up to date information on how RVC is approaching our results day in summer.

So far it seems like RVC is purely going to go off of the calculated grade we get in the summer, and won't wait until after we have the opportunity to sit the A-level exams later this year to accept/reject us (at least for the D100 course, I don't know about other courses at the RVC).

What is everyone's current plans to dealing with this?

Thanks,
Charlie :smile:
Reply 1
Hi, I have firmed an offer at RVC for BSc animal biology, behaviour, welfare and ethics. I spoke to admissions via the live chat on the virtual offer holder day and they said that it wouldn’t be possible to sit the exams in the autumn term having already enrolled on the course. Therefore, they suggested that if grades are missed for the offer, it will either be lowered if there are vacancies available on the course, though less likely for vetmed, or you would have to take a gap year and reapply!
Original post by Gracie26
Hi, I have firmed an offer at RVC for BSc animal biology, behaviour, welfare and ethics. I spoke to admissions via the live chat on the virtual offer holder day and they said that it wouldn’t be possible to sit the exams in the autumn term having already enrolled on the course. Therefore, they suggested that if grades are missed for the offer, it will either be lowered if there are vacancies available on the course, though less likely for vetmed, or you would have to take a gap year and reapply!

Thank you for letting me know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending