The Student Room Group

Who is to blame for things fizzling out?

This COVID-19 is not ideal when you are looking to potentially date. I was speaking to someone through Tinder, we have been talking pretty consistently for the past 2 weeks. He had to cancel last Sunday, said that his neck was hurting him. He followed up that night letting me know how he was feeling but I did not respond. He doesn’t message again until Tuesday this week, asking if I would be available to video chat that day. I told him that I would like to reschedule. He sent another message that night with a question, I responded but left his following response on read. He sent another message yesterday but it was a random photo with a caption. I responded, as did he & left his response on read again.

My point being, that compared to our communication last week, we have not video chatted since then. He communicates with me, but it’s general questions and irrelevant photos (what I mentioned above). I have not attempted to communicate with him aside from his efforts, however, I feel like he doesn’t know how to court a lady. He should ask how my day is going etc. He views my stories on snap & has not messaged since yesterday. I don’t want to follow up & I feel like what we had going is no longer worth pursuing.

Whose to blame for things falling through? I would say he is, because of lack of persistence.
You are to blame. He's been trying and you haven't.
Reply 2
'How is your day going?'

'Yeah in lockdown so been sat picking me arse and watching corrie'

'yeah same'
You're not putting much effort in at all so I wouldn't be surprised if he thought you'd lost interest and couldn't be bothered anymore
You need to up the ante, and put more effort into things.
A relationship is about 2, people not 1!!!!
Reply 5
The fact that you are so eager to “blame” someone means you are responsible because of your selfish attitude. Many online chats or “situationships” just naturally fizzle out naturally anyway.
(edited 4 years ago)
OP posted this thinking people would be on their side, thought they’d been wronged; oh how wrong they were
Just cuz u aint getting the attention now😅I see u😭🤣

He followed up that night letting me know how he was feeling but I did not respond.

but left his following response on read.

I responded, as did he & left his response on read again.

I have not attempted to communicate with him

Whose to blame for things falling through? I would say he is, because of lack of persistence.

Women, if you ever wonder what men mean when they say they don't understand women, this is the sh*t we're talking about.

Just about all of your actions say that you're not interested, yet it's somehow his fault things are failing? Why would you just leave someone you like on read (unless you're saying bye/goodnight or w/e)?
You are to blame because you are playing mind games with him. No wonder he now isn’t chasing you, because he obviously thinks you ain’t bothered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending