The Student Room Group

Need advice for history coursework

I am doing my coursework with the question: By 1924, had the Russian people replaced one authoritarian reigime with another?

I have three interpretations: 1) The Russian People have always required authoritarianism, be their government be Tsarist or Communist, as argued by Richard Pipes. 2) The Bolshevik government/USSR was virtually the same as Imperial Russia, as argued by Robert Service. 3) The Bolshevik government was a marked improvement over the Tsarist one and many supported it.

I am struggling to find a historian who has the third view. My immedeiate guess would be a Soviet revisionist but I'm not sure? If anyone has any ideas, would be helpful.

I am strugg
Original post by Ferrograd
I am doing my coursework with the question: By 1924, had the Russian people replaced one authoritarian reigime with another?

I have three interpretations: 1) The Russian People have always required authoritarianism, be their government be Tsarist or Communist, as argued by Richard Pipes. 2) The Bolshevik government/USSR was virtually the same as Imperial Russia, as argued by Robert Service. 3) The Bolshevik government was a marked improvement over the Tsarist one and many supported it.

I am struggling to find a historian who has the third view. My immedeiate guess would be a Soviet revisionist but I'm not sure? If anyone has any ideas, would be helpful.

I am strugg

Which exam board are you doing; I did Russian history for mine as well. AQA 1865-1953
Original post by Haggardoldkrone
Which exam board are you doing; I did Russian history for mine as well. AQA 1865-1953

AQA
AQA

Do you want me to send you mine, I got 36/40 for it
Do you want me to send you mine, I got 36/40 for it

Although I did do it at a time where the exam board didn’t care how long the essay was so I went double the word count
Although I did do it at a time where the exam board didn’t care how long the essay was so I went double the word count

thank you
thank you

Right better dust out my old files and have a look for it, I’ll PM it you once I’ve got it all, might have to scan it because I still have the essay but I’m not sure I have the original file anymore.
Right better dust out my old files and have a look for it, I’ll PM it you once I’ve got it all, might have to scan it because I still have the essay but I’m not sure I have the original file anymore.

cheers

I am strugg

Your question and your three interpretations simply don't match up.
Original post by ageshallnot
Your question and your three interpretations simply don't match up.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/History/2015/teaching-and-learning-materials/GCE-History-CourseWork-Example-Questions.pdf

Looks like I might have just found the historian I'm looking for

And what else do you need to do?
Reply 11

I am strugg

Edward Acton, E. H. Carr and Neil Faulkner for more sympathetic viewpoints?
Original post by Sinnoh
Edward Acton, E. H. Carr and Neil Faulkner for more sympathetic viewpoints?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending