What?
Michelle Donelan, Universities Minister
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Yana Johnson)
So, there won’t be a live chat?
Yana Johnson there were some tech problems with the site but its up and running now and will do my best to get through them!
Halfeti Rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Michelle Donelan, Universities Minister)
Yana Johnson there were some tech problems with the site but its up and running now and will do my best to get through them!
is live chat going on now mam?
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Halfeti Rose)
is live chat going on now mam?
Heya - just to let you know the Q&A is in the forums - so the minister will be writing replies to the threads. She's doing that as we speak after a bit of a delay due to some technical issues. We will be releasing an article/video after the Q&A is finished too, so we'll make sure everyone has access to them.
Halfeti Rose
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by BlinkyBill)
Heya - just to let you know the Q&A is in the forums - so the minister will be writing replies to the threads. She's doing that as we speak after a bit of a delay due to some technical issues. We will be releasing an article/video after the Q&A is finished too, so we'll make sure everyone has access to them.
ok hope u do the Q&A quick enough. Thank you
LJH74
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That's really disappointing. That is not what you have been suggesting all week, especially with the live clip of her saying "she'd be here". She could have written replies to threads at any time. Really poor at this stressful time for everybody.
username5205898
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What even is dis
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Halfeti Rose)
ok hope u do the Q&A quick enough. Thank you
The minister is writing replies fast as she can - and we'll follow up after with anything that she can't get to. Thanks for your understanding.

(Original post by LJH74)
That's really disappointing. That is not what you have been suggesting all week, especially with the live clip of her saying "she'd be here". She could have written replies to threads at any time. Really poor at this stressful time for everybody.
I'm really sorry if it feels like we weren't clear. As a forum this is normally how we do Q&As, and the reason for the video beforehand is so people know that it's really the minister replying, is all. This is the format we normally use on our forums - but I appreciate how that may seem different given the live videos happening elsewhere. We never intended to make it same as if she'd be doing a live video, and I'm sorry if it did. Especially with the technical difficulties we've had today, we're working really hard to try and get as many answers to you guys as possible.
Halfeti Rose
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The minister is writing replies fast as she can - and we'll follow up after with anything that she can't get to. Thanks for your understanding.

I'm really sorry if it feels like we weren't clear. As a forum this is normally how we do Q&As, and the reason for the video beforehand is so people know that it's really the minister replying, is all. This is the format we normally use on our forums - but I appreciate how that may seem different given the live videos happening elsewhere. We never intended to make it same as if she'd be doing a live video, and I'm sorry if it did. Especially with the technical difficulties we've had today, we're working really hard to try and get as many answers to you guys as possible.
we understand it might be difficult for u guys!!
thanks for the opportunity though...
LJH74
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

I'm new here, so how would I know that? I joined specifically for this and have given up an hour of what is a non-working day to specifically watch this - I work in education and was hoping I'd get some information to help my students. So far she appears to have only answered two questions. How many, realistically, can we hope to have answered if she was only going to have had an hour?
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by LJH74)
I'm new here, so how would I know that? I joined specifically for this and have given up an hour of what is a non-working day to specifically watch this - I work in education and was hoping I'd get some information to help my students. So far she appears to have only answered two questions. How many, realistically, can we hope to have answered if she was only going to have had an hour?
Heya,
I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry it obviously wasn't clear enough. It's an important lesson for us so we can do better in the future. Our mission is to be as helpful as possible, and we do understand the impact of the setbacks we've had today with this Q&A. We're working with DfE as we speak to ensure we're able to get more information published as soon as possible from the minister, even if she's not able to answer them today (although she is also sticking around longer than planned so she can answer as many questions as she can today).
LJH74
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Heya,
I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry it obviously wasn't clear enough. It's an important lesson for us so we can do better in the future. Our mission is to be as helpful as possible, and we do understand the impact of the setbacks we've had today with this Q&A. We're working with DfE as we speak to ensure we're able to get more information published as soon as possible from the minister, even if she's not able to answer them today (although she is also sticking around longer than planned so she can answer as many questions as she can today).
She's done 3 in half an hour ..... I'm not going to hold my breath. So glad I didn't tell all our yr13s to log on for this, they are anxious enough as it is.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
In the General Election last year the Greens did a video interview and Corbyn was sent the questions which were published as an article.

Previously Caroline Lucas did a sit down interview.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure this format for Q&As have ever been done actually live on a thread by thread basis.

I do appreciate you managing to get a minister in though and it will be interesting to see the responses.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
What?
That's all ai said as well. What is this thread referring to?
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
In the General Election last year the Greens did a video interview and Corbyn was sent the questions which were published as an article.

Previously Caroline Lucas did a sit down interview.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure this format for Q&As have ever been done actually live on a thread by thread basis.

I do appreciate you managing to get a minister in though and it will be interesting to see the responses.
Heya - yep and we'll be following this up with video content too. We regularly run Q&As as threads and forums. When we do video, we rarely find people engage with it as well. In the past they've been more likely to read through the answers and the article we release afterward, which we will also be doing. Even in a video though, it's not possible for the minister to answer the number of questions that are here, this way, people get a personal response to their personal question, and we can follow up with the ones she can't answer right now. We're all just doing the best we can mate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (117)
25.43%
Better than expected (93)
20.22%
Worse than expected (250)
54.35%

Watched Threads