Private candidates resitting & applying for medicine

Watch
LifeIsSoHard
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Michelle Donelan, Universities Minister,

I am a private candidate resitting some of my A-levels and I have offers for medicine. If the calculated grade I receive doesn’t meet my offer requirements & I decide to sit the Autumn exams, will I still be able to start uni for 2020 entry (although it would be slightly delayed)?

If not, then would I at least be able to have a guaranteed deferred entry for 2021?

If still not, then wouldn’t you agree that this would be unfair, considering all the time, effort and finances gone into preparing for my medicine application (including the resources and preparation for UCAT/BMAT exams, interviews and more).
omid10
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LifeIsSoHard)

I am a private candidate resitting some of my A-levels and I have offers for medicine. If the calculated grade I receive doesn’t meet my offer requirements & I decide to sit the Autumn exams, will I still be able to start uni for 2020 entry (although it would be slightly delayed)?

If not, then would I at least be able to have a guaranteed deferred entry for 2021?

If still not, then wouldn’t you agree that this would be unfair, considering all the time, effort and finances gone into preparing for my medicine application (including the resources and preparation for UCAT/BMAT exams, interviews and more).
I am in a similar situation but for Veterinary medicine and I asked a very similar question! I also haven't had a response...
omid10
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LifeIsSoHard)

Regarding deferred entry, I have received confirmation from Liverpool that they will defer my offer if I can't start this year. It's worth contacting your universities about that part as they will have thought about it already. The delayed start is my main query!
LifeIsSoHard
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by OMiddlebrook)
Regarding deferred entry, I have received confirmation from Liverpool that they will defer my offer if I can't start this year. It's worth contacting your universities about that part as they will have thought about it already. The delayed start is my main query!
Wow, thats great to hear! It means that if you don't get the grades you need and decide to take the autumn exams, then you've still got a place and you don't have to go through the whole application process again!

This is my main worry and I just want this assurance really, so i'll contact them! thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed