The Student Room Group

Dentistry Advice

Hi, I am currently in Year 11 and will be going into year 12. I was wondering if it makes my application stand out more and do I stand out more as a candidate if I pick 4 subjects. I am thinking of definitely taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths but also debating whether to take Further Maths or not. Also could you suggest me any extra reading or books for dentistry that are interesting and I could put on my personal statement. Also, I was wondering if for dentistry, work experience in a lab, pharmacy, ambulance or a hospital counts or does only work experience in a dental clinic count?
(edited 4 years ago)
For work experience I recommend u to the book them in the holidays throughout the year. It’s best to do a few weeks of work experience in dental practices and dental departments in hospitals (unfortunately or me due to corona this ain’t be happening). Don’t worry about this for now. I’d recommend 3 alevels. 3 good alevels are better than 4 mediocre alevels and you misunderstand the workload because it’s far more than GCSEs. If thy won’t convince you then pick a 4th then you can drop it in October November time if it’s too much work or you can’t cope.

Quick Reply

Latest