?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I need to know the strengths and weaknesses of duty of care
username3689312
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Demanding an answer is going to get you nowhere!

How about you come back and rephrase what you want to know and also add some of your own input, like what research have you done so far etc?
AH834
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Oh well
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It’s like people don’t even have a textbook at times? I would have thought any tort textbook would cover this? Or even the lectures would discuss sone theory on it as well as the actual laws.
We have the fun of tort in September (hopefully)
AH834
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Catherine1973)
It’s like people don’t even have a textbook at times? I would have thought any tort textbook would cover this? Or even the lectures would discuss sone theory on it as well as the actual laws.
The textbook that we have doesn’t talk about the strengths and weaknesses and I’ve look on multiple websites but they are all only benefits and no negatives, also we are doing only lessons so my lecture didn’t have time to get all of the work out
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Negatives are fairly easy, you are imposing a duty on sone one via a mechanism that the person may not know about. Ie we know laws but who knows all the case-law to know who we owe a duty to? (Bar law students)
That would be my random first attempt.
username3689312
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Catherine1973)
You'd think they didn't at times and more scarily they have a whole world of information on the internet.
(Original post by AH834)
The textbook that we have doesn’t talk about the strengths and weaknesses and I’ve look on multiple websites but they are all only benefits and no negatives, also we are doing only lessons so my lecture didn’t have time to get all of the work out
I would be very confident that if you have a credible textbook, it would talk about pros and cons of a duty of care. While this may not be as explicit as you would like, a little analysis of the information you read would soon uncover these.

I assume you're a university student? If you are, then you will have a hold host of databases, supplied by university, that you will be able to search. Considering you claim you have done research, I say that is a lie, because a quick google search brings up alot of useful information. That's even before we get started using the legal databases of cases, journals and articles etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (193)
14.31%
I'm not sure (60)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.13%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.74%
I'm not a current university student (666)
49.37%

Watched Threads