Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I would like to have a self-catered accommodation, from my observations the cheaper accommodation is in the region of £4257 and is close to the university (like a 10 minute walk to uni I assume that my lectures will take place in George square) but the interior is a bit dated and it is shared bathroom which isn't a big deal. While the newly renovated accommodation is more expensive (£5934-£6257) and is like a 30 minute walk to George square.

I am conflicted whether to go for a very modern accommodation but I would have to walk a lot longer to lectures or pay for the bus which is an additional cost. I am entitled to the maximum maintenance loan so I could afford the more expensive accommodation but I am ensure whether having really nice accommodation is worth splurging on or whether it is better to go for cheaper accommodation which is a lot closer to the uni but the interior is dated.

Any advice?
Last edited by Anonymous1502; 6 months ago
sefajoshi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi Dear,

There are a number of student accommodation providers in the UK. Choose the provider who will provide you the best student accommodation in Edinburgh. The room will be in your budget or all bills will be included. Choose accommodation near to your university so you will save money from travelling. You can browse Best Student Halls websites to find budget-friendly and verified places to stay in UK's. A large variety of room types, including student halls, shared and en suite rooms and apartments are available at 100% free service charge.

Otherwise, you can contact them, they will guide you to choose the best student accommodation in Edinburgh.

Hope you find your accommodation.

Thanks
supertrooper1905
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm having the same struggle. I think I'm going to go with the cheaper, more central accommodation because I'll be grateful for not having to get the bus and it would be easier to get home after a night out. Just trying to figure out which central ones to apply to now.
What are you thinking?
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by supertrooper1905)
I'm having the same struggle. I think I'm going to go with the cheaper, more central accommodation because I'll be grateful for not having to get the bus and it would be easier to get home after a night out. Just trying to figure out which central ones to apply to now.
What are you thinking?
I don't go out at night I don't mind the 30 minute walk it would be nice in the morning and I am an early riser so I will go for the nice accommodation that is further away as I will be probably spending a lot of time in my room.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise