The Student Room Group

thought broadcasting someone help me pls

I always am terribly paranoid that everyone in the world can hear my thoughts and then once I start thinking about it I subconsciously begin thinking terrible and offensive things without meaning to, this sometimes also happens when I look at some one(this also makes me think I have thought insertion) and then I get more anxious and panicky because if they can hear my thoughts, then they’re hearing these terrible things running through my head. This then makes my brain think more like that and it just spirals out of control. I’ve always been super paranoid cos I swear I whisper when I speak or speak under my breath when I don't want to, I have heard people laugh right after my thought and sometimes say **** on purpose to get a reaction out of them and I have done sometimes
I have complex ptsd I've not always been like this but it's been going on for about a year now and I don't want to tell anyone about it or can't please help! I also whisper when I type anyway without knowing, someone please get me back to normal please I can't take it anymore!

I will aslo breathe in that way when thinking it, and I can't stop because when I try to breathe normally it will make the thought stronger and I can't not think anything it happens all day I can't turn off my internal dialogue, I miss just been able to look around without constantly thinking because of all the paranioa, I also start thinking about my depression and instantly my bf will be like are you okay? He used to laugh all the time at the start but doesn't anymore but this stops me from wanting to go outside I jusf wanna be myself again, and meditation won't work either, it only makes the thoughts come back and stronger!
Hi there
Sorry to hear about what you are going through. Please know that there is help and you are not alone. I strongly think you need to speak with a mental health professional as soon as possible. It’s difficult for anyone to assess you online, a psychiatrist will need to take a medical / psychiatric history from you and do a proper assessment first. If they feel that you need immediate help then they could even recommend voluntary admission into a psych ward where they can spend more time getting to know you and understand what’s going on.

Please call your GP and explain fully what’s going on, everything you’ve said here, they might already have your history on their records? they are usually the first point of contact and make referrals to psychiatrists. If you already have a psychiatrist that you’ve been to before, call them and ask for help. If you can’t get through to your GP / psychiatrist, I highly suggest you go to your nearest Emergency department and firmly request a psych evaluation - don’t hesitate to explain your symptoms, take a trusted friend or family member with you, if you wish. The ER may be busy with the covid 19 situation but you need a sympathetic and understanding professional to get you through this and this shouldn’t wait.

Good luck and hope you get the help you need
Take care
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there
Sorry to hear about what you are going through. Please know that there is help and you are not alone. I strongly think you need to speak with a mental health professional as soon as possible. It’s difficult for anyone to assess you online, a psychiatrist will need to take a medical / psychiatric history from you and do a proper assessment first. If they feel that you need immediate help then they could even recommend voluntary admission into a psych ward where they can spend more time getting to know you and understand what’s going on.

Please call your GP and explain fully what’s going on, everything you’ve said here, they might already have your history on their records? they are usually the first point of contact and make referrals to psychiatrists. If you already have a psychiatrist that you’ve been to before, call them and ask for help. If you can’t get through to your GP / psychiatrist, I highly suggest you go to your nearest Emergency department and firmly request a psych evaluation - don’t hesitate to explain your symptoms, take a trusted friend or family member with you, if you wish. The ER may be busy with the covid 19 situation but you need a sympathetic and understanding professional to get you through this and this shouldn’t wait.

Good luck and hope you get the help you need
Take care

I can't it's something I'm so embarrassed about and I have a psychiatrist and psychologist and case worker, don't have no family and have Complex ptsd, I'm no harm to others or myself but have this internal chatter that won't stop, I'm thinking 24/7, during this isolation makes it worse, I went outside today for 1st time in 2 weeks, few people about and I could not breathe I don't know what to do, I just want someone to tell me an answer or give me something I can do to help this, because meditating doss not work
I’m sorry that sounds rough. I’m a junior doctor so I’m in no place to give you professional psychiatric advice. I can appreciate that you are hesitant to discuss your issues but you get to choose how much you divulge isn’t it? Since you already have a psychiatrist / case worker who knows your history, it’s a matter of explaining that the symptoms have gotten out of hand? They are already aware of your situation isn’t it? Perhaps you can leave out the embarrassing stuff initially and then choose to share if you feel comfortable? With so many people willing to help you, I think your best bet is to reach out and ask for it. Even if it’s uncomfortable for you to talk about it, once you get the help you need, wouldn’t you be happier for it? Think about it. Good luck and please know you are not alone.
Also, your psychiatrist/ case workers have a duty of care and have to abide by confidentiality as I’m very sure you know. What you tell them is strictly between you and them so I really hope you trust that and get them to help you.
I’m sorry that sounds rough. I’m a junior doctor so I’m in no place to give you professional psychiatric advice. I can appreciate that you are hesitant to discuss your issues but you get to choose how much you divulge isn’t it? Since you already have a psychiatrist / case worker who knows your history, it’s a matter of explaining that the symptoms have gotten out of hand? They are already aware of your situation isn’t it? Perhaps you can leave out the embarrassing stuff initially and then choose to share if you feel comfortable? With so many people willing to help you, I think your best bet is to reach out and ask for it. Even if it’s uncomfortable for you to talk about it, once you get the help you need, wouldn’t you be happier for it? Think about it. Good luck and please know you are not alone.

I honestly just feel like a crazy person even saying it and I'm scared they can hear me, and the chatter will get louder once I try and talk to someone anyway and it's worse if I try telling them, I can't do it, I find normal talking hard and I don't know what to do anymore as it keeps getting worse and have been on all antidepressants and I've tried antipyschotics!
You mentioned a bf in your original post, can he call them and explain what’s going on? Or can you write an email to them, giving all details as you’ve done here and then call and ask them to check their mail immediately - explain you find it hard to talk? I can appreciate you feel hesitant to explain what’s going on, but I can assure you they have heard similar stories from hundreds of other people and they would know exactly what to do. It’s their job dealing with issues that might seem crazy or scary to you.
Original post by justnobody987
I always am terribly paranoid that everyone in the world can hear my thoughts and then once I start thinking about it I subconsciously begin thinking terrible and offensive things without meaning to, this sometimes also happens when I look at some one(this also makes me think I have thought insertion) and then I get more anxious and panicky because if they can hear my thoughts, then they’re hearing these terrible things running through my head. This then makes my brain think more like that and it just spirals out of control. I’ve always been super paranoid cos I swear I whisper when I speak or speak under my breath when I don't want to, I have heard people laugh right after my thought and sometimes say **** on purpose to get a reaction out of them and I have done sometimes
I have complex ptsd I've not always been like this but it's been going on for about a year now and I don't want to tell anyone about it or can't please help! I also whisper when I type anyway without knowing, someone please get me back to normal please I can't take it anymore!

I will aslo breathe in that way when thinking it, and I can't stop because when I try to breathe normally it will make the thought stronger and I can't not think anything it happens all day I can't turn off my internal dialogue, I miss just been able to look around without constantly thinking because of all the paranioa, I also start thinking about my depression and instantly my bf will be like are you okay? He used to laugh all the time at the start but doesn't anymore but this stops me from wanting to go outside I jusf wanna be myself again, and meditation won't work either, it only makes the thoughts come back and stronger!

I strongly recommend you ring your GP in the morning as you need some urgent help. Have you had a proper psychological assessment at all?
You mentioned a bf in your original post, can he call them and explain what’s going on? Or can you write an email to them, giving all details as you’ve done here and then call and ask them to check their mail immediately - explain you find it hard to talk? I can appreciate you feel hesitant to explain what’s going on, but I can assure you they have heard similar stories from hundreds of other people and they would know exactly what to do. It’s their job dealing with issues that might seem crazy or scary to you.

I don't feel comfortable telling him either, I don't want to tell anyone
Original post by Reality Check
I strongly recommend you ring your GP in the morning as you need some urgent help. Have you had a proper psychological assessment at all?

Only for complex ptsd anxiety and depression but I'm not keen on telling anyone as I'm so scared, and I've felt crazy since this has been happening to me it's become debilitating and I can't take it anymore I wish I could think normally

Quick Reply

Latest