K and C drama Anxiety

Watch
Ananya.badithe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Alright, so I don't mean to be dramatic. But does anybody else get that immense obsession and anxiety over a Korean or Chinese drama. Like to an extent that you start stalking the actors. Then comes that dawning feeling that your life isn't nearly as close to how the dramas are.
It's not as much as I want that but some sort of a weird anxiety.
I am halfway through Meteor Garden and omg I am so anxious to watch it because I fear I will finish it. And I don't want to. I will feel so empty.
That's led me to stalking the lead actors of the show, and I am super obsessed with Dylan Wang.

I know it all sounds so stupid and I am aware of all the psychological reasons for this. But I wanted to know if I am unusually obsessed.

It's a weird feeling that making me afraid of reality, every time I stop any show I get this weird fear of my own life.

And now I am terrified to finish Meteor Garden so I have stopped watching it for now.

I have no idea why feelings can go to such an extent over a few fictional character, well I do know why. But ughhhhh ya know.

I already miss all the characters. They re so gorgeous gawd.
tamil fever
Badges: 20
Report 9 months ago
but even the reality portrayed in those dramas isn't real. View it as a form of entertainment and don't become too absorbed in what they show you.
I mean if you are going to miss the characters just follow them on social media but don't go as far to stalking them.
Ananya.badithe
Rep:
?
Hey I mean stalking them basically is following them on social media for me. And I guess the fact that the TV show world is so idealistic, that makes it harder to face the real world. Coz there s nothing exciting.
PrabG
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Ananya.badithe)
Alright, so I don't mean to be dramatic. But does anybody else get that immense obsession and anxiety over a Korean or Chinese drama. Like to an extent that you start stalking the actors. Then comes that dawning feeling that your life isn't nearly as close to how the dramas are.
It's not as much as I want that but some sort of a weird anxiety.
I am halfway through Meteor Garden and omg I am so anxious to watch it because I fear I will finish it. And I don't want to. I will feel so empty.
That's led me to stalking the lead actors of the show, and I am super obsessed with Dylan Wang.

I know it all sounds so stupid and I am aware of all the psychological reasons for this. But I wanted to know if I am unusually obsessed.

It's a weird feeling that making me afraid of reality, every time I stop any show I get this weird fear of my own life.

And now I am terrified to finish Meteor Garden so I have stopped watching it for now.

I have no idea why feelings can go to such an extent over a few fictional character, well I do know why. But ughhhhh ya know.

I already miss all the characters. They re so gorgeous gawd.
I kinda get what you mean but I've never felt the urge to start stalking the actors, other than maybe taking a look at the other dramas they've done... I don't think you're unusually obsessed but it wouldn't do any harm to start watching a new drama now or after you finish the current one - and one day you probably won't care about meteor garden anymore! And the more stuff you have going on in your life, the less you'll care when the drama finishes.
Ananya.badithe
Rep:
?
Yeah, I am sure that I ll move on, but I was worried about my current state coz it's probably not norm. But yeahh thankss. I guess all the quarantining is making it really hard for me to get a life😂🤦*♀️
PrabG
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Ananya.badithe)
Yeah, I am sure that I ll move on, but I was worried about my current state coz it's probably not norm. But yeahh thankss. I guess all the quarantining is making it really hard for me to get a life😂🤦*♀️
Maybe try watching something more lighthearted like put your head on my shoulder, or try watching variety shows like running man (which has like 500 eps and still going) for a change? Weirdly in quarantine I don't feel like watching a lot of dramas but that might be for the best honestly..
Ananya.badithe
Rep:
?
Woahh😂tell you what, I just finished watching episode one of out your head on my shoulder, decided to watch to it to distract myself. Also yeah, trust me, I really wasn't into dramas but I started when quarantine happened, my friend had been bugging me for weeks so I finally did. It's great fun, but not so good coz it's really addictive. Oh well. I watched a few, but meteor garden got me bad weird enough. Maybe coz the leads are cute😂🤦*♀️
PrabG
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ahaha I just finished PYHOMS so it's the first C drama I could think of but I've been watching dramas for like 2 years now. The last one that I got hooked onto was Moorim School a few weeks ago coz of the lead actor but when I finished it I just went back to watching running man. Definitely can relate to that empty feeling for that one, though. I ended up watching a movie with the lead actor too after, but hey, now I don't find it special anymore, so the feeling doesn't last long.
Ananya.badithe
Rep:
?
Yeahh, before dramas, I loved grey s anatomy. Man o man did I cry when Derek died. But yeah now it doesnt bother me at all.
I like Chinese drama. I like mandarin it sounds gorgeous.
Also if you into intense psychological movie, you should watch Forgotten. It's Korean, great movie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
56.79%
I don't have everything I need (194)
43.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed