Report and new application, does it crash the admission ?

Watch
Anne2003
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I have been accepted to a UCAS University and I asked for a report to begin in 2021. Kings College was my favorite but I did not get in and I would like to try again. I want to keep my options open. Is it possible to apply in october for Kings without crashing my admission to the other University ?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm not really sure what you mean by "a report to begin" - do you mean you applied to a degree programme for entry in 2021? If you applied for deferred entry as such, you cannot apply through UCAS again without rejecting the deferred offer you hold. It would be very unfair on applicants both from this application cycle and the next if students were allowed to do so.

Also are you referring to King's College, London, or King's College, one of the constituent colleges of the University of Cambridge? They're two separate institutions and completely unrelated, so it might clarify things to know which you are referring to.
Anne2003
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Thanks for your answer. I am referring to King's College London. I guess, if it is something unfair there should be a UCAS rule telling so, do you or someone else have an idea where I can find it ?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anne2003)
Thanks for your answer. I am referring to King's College London. I guess, if it is something unfair there should be a UCAS rule telling so, do you or someone else have an idea where I can find it ?
UCAS does tell you, you can't hold a deferred place and also make another application. if you want to apply for different universities, you have to give up the Kings offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (297)
55.93%
I don't have everything I need (234)
44.07%

Watched Threads