g0317
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For my a level English literature exam we have got to find a text to write an essay on and I’ve been looking and I’m struggling to find one.
kitkadd
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can do a comparison with Macbeth

similarities
The Great Gatsby and Macbeth illustrate how ambition and eagerness for something or someone has the potential to affect their thoughts and actions. Within the novel the embodiment of illusion is evident as Gatsby and Macbeth have deceitful personalities. Jay Gatsby and Macbeth are similar because they both hide their deceptive personalities. Gatsby's real name is James Gatz, a poor boy from North Dakota who changed his identity to be a completely different person and create a new image of himself to be decent enough to be with Daisy. He tries to attract Daisy with wealth and high social class. Macbeth puts on an act of being a noble and virtuous soldier in which greed takes over and he becomes a tyrant.

differences

Jay Gatsby's objective lies in his love for Daisy and how these desires influence his actions which in return hold fatal consequences.Meanwhile , the possibility of becoming king intrigues Macbeth however it changes his thoughts and poisons his mind as he feels he must fulfill the prophecy by any means necessary. Macbeth's intentions are murderous and fueled by greed and vaulting ambition. Due to his remorselessness he kills his king and his best friend in order to obtain superiority.
Last edited by kitkadd; 1 year ago
skylue
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can also write the tragedy of HAMLET prince of denmark

the play is about HAMLET who procrastinates to revenge the death of his father old Hamlet who was killed by his uncle Claudius .His procrastination leads to the death of many characters.first its Polonius who is a political sycophant who acts as CLAUDIUS spy and ends up getting killed whilst spying on hamlet and his mother and hamlet stabs him................

you can also write JANE EYRE thats if you read it
can you atleast update us on the texts you are doing
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by g0317)
For my a level English literature exam we have got to find a text to write an essay on and I’ve been looking and I’m struggling to find one.
When you are writing about comparison, did you mean characters compared to Gatsby? if so, you can compare his love relationship to Daisy with these couples:

- Phileas Fogg and Princess Aouda (Around the World in eighty days)

- Frederic Henry and Catherine Barkley (A farewell to Arms)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (208)
43.61%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (55)
11.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.55%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (102)
21.38%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (49)
10.27%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.66%

Watched Threads