Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I'm interested in joining Loughborough in 2021, but I am an international student. I'm worried that the uni may not be that diverse in terms of the range of ethnicities. Can someone who goes to or knows anything about Loughborough help?
I want to study Media and Communications(bsc) if that helps.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Diversity is a poor criteria for choosing a UK university. There will always be significant populations of international students, and Loughborough is near Leicester which is extremely "diverse". Generally you would look for % of international students are a better indicator. The most diverse UK universities, may effectively also be the worst.
alexs2602
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Diversity is a poor criteria for choosing a UK university. There will always be significant populations of international students, and Loughborough is near Leicester which is extremely "diverse". Generally you would look for % of international students are a better indicator. The most diverse UK universities, may effectively also be the worst.
Agreed for the most part. I think only if a university is really small and not very good would it lack diversity. I haven't see one yet that does. And as you allude to, crap unis in big cities try to get as many international students as possible for that sweet dolla.
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm interested in joining Loughborough in 2021, but I am an international student. I'm worried that the uni may not be that diverse in terms of the range of ethnicities. Can someone who goes to or knows anything about Loughborough help?
I want to study Media and Communications(bsc) if that helps.
Hi

Being a single-site campus university, we have a great community. From an international perspective we have students from around 130 countries.
Have a look at our international web pages for more info, might help you make up your mind.
https://www.lboro.ac.uk/international/

If you have any specific questions, just ask, we're always happy to help

Vicky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (123)
14.5%
I'm not sure (36)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (258)
30.42%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (409)
48.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed