The Student Room Group

Motion with variable acceleration expression in terms of t help needed !

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for your reply. So have I arrived at the correct answer, for when the particle next passes through the origin? 😊
Reply 21
Original post by Alexandramartis
Thank you for your reply. So have I arrived at the correct answer, for when the particle next passes through the origin? 😊

Yes. Keep in mind:

if the question is asking about where a particle is, it is asking you about its displacement, so you will have to use an expression for s.

if the question is asking you about how something is moving (for example, when it is at rest, or when is it moving in a particular direction), it is asking you about its velocity, so you will have to use an expression for v.

Original post by Pangol
Yes. Keep in mind:

if the question is asking about where a particle is, it is asking you about its displacement, so you will have to use an expression for s.

if the question is asking you about how something is moving (for example, when it is at rest, or when is it moving in a particular direction), it is asking you about its velocity, so you will have to use an expression for v.

Thank you very much for your reply and your advice, i really appreciate it. I have literally just jotted this down in my notebook and highlighted it in bold so that I will remember! 😊👍

Quick Reply

Latest