The Student Room Group

Support

I am a repeating same year student and I do not have any support when I applied for universal credit they said you are not eligable because you are a full time student and I explained to them I am repeating same year and due to the situation we are in I need help with my living cost due my help .Note im living with parents aged and I just payed their bills because my father is not working at the moment 25.What support can I get ?
Reply 1
As a full time student you are only entitled to student loan and any bursaries your university may offer.
Your parents may be eligible for universal credit or job seekers allowance - all this will effect how much money you receive from student finance
(edited 4 years ago)
Are you currently a student or have you dropped out for this year? If you don't get your next Student Finance payment then you should be able to claim UC as you aren't currently a student.

Why dont you have any support, did you not apply for student loans? If your father isn't working he should be on UC himself, it would help ease the burden on you.
Reply 3
Original post by Cdhelp
As a full time student you are only entitled to student loan and any bursaries your university may offer.
Your parents may be eligible for universal credit or job seekers allowance - all this will effect how much money you receive from student finance

thanks for the info
Reply 4
Original post by Lizzillo
Are you currently a student or have you dropped out for this year? If you don't get your next Student Finance payment then you should be able to claim UC as you aren't currently a student.

Why dont you have any support, did you not apply for student loans? If your father isn't working he should be on UC himself, it would help ease the burden on you.

im still a student and thanks I for your time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending