Talia.saadi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
hi fellow biology students, we are currently studying mass transport and I am finding it really difficult to memorize the circulatory system and which and what goes to where and that any advice?
Gluconeogenesis
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I would say just keep drawing hearts, and talking yourself round the system. So start at one point and try to remember the path the oxygen takes to get back there, that really helped for me.
marika_mce
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Try and figure out what sort of learner you are. The way that I was taught biology in school did not work for me and I couldn't understand most things. I figured that I was a visual learner (diagrams, pictures, drawings, colours) so I need to draw out the process and animate it in my head in order to understand how things work. In Y2, things require understanding processes more clearly so I would highly recommend drawing things out if that works for you. Otherwise, you may be a kinesthetic learner. In which case, you would have to re-write and condense your notes on the heart multiple times for you to memorise the process. You could also use hand actions to memorise the process. You could be someone who learns through listening. Try Mass Transport videos on youtube. My favourite biology teachers include Mr Pollock and biology carol (shes doing live streams for online classes which are really useful.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (144)
62.34%
I don't have everything I need (87)
37.66%

Watched Threads