The Student Room Group

Re take of gcses

If you want to re take your gcses, will you attend revision/ classes with other year 12s that are re-taking or will you be in a class with other year 11s. Yes it is a trivial question but genuinely want to know.
Reply 1
Generally sixth forms only put on re-take classes for Maths and English language. If you want to retake anything else then you have to teach yourswelf. This year may be different though.
Original post by Compost
Generally sixth forms only put on re-take classes for Maths and English language. If you want to retake anything else then you have to teach yourswelf. This year may be different though.

I don't think schools will have the staff available to put on other classes - recruitment of staff is going to be an issue.
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
I don't think schools will have the staff available to put on other classes - recruitment of staff is going to be an issue.

I tend to agree, but given the level of uncertainty about next year I left it open.
This depends on what college/sixth form you go to. If there is a lot of people resitting, you will probably have your own class.
Original post by Dancer2001
This depends on what college/sixth form you go to. If there is a lot of people resitting, you will probably have your own class.

Where will the teachers come from for this? There's no space in a school timetable for additional classes ...
Reply 6
Original post by Dancer2001

There generally isn't funding for people to re-sit qualifications in subjects other than GCSE English Language and Maths so this is unlikely.

Quick Reply

Latest