The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edgehill or Hull?

I’m debating on whether to go to edgehill or Hull as I’ve heard people go to liverpool for nights out but I’m wondering how often to people actually do that? Or overall which option I should go for?
Reply 1
Heard that this year edgehill only took 50 students - not sure if that sways you 🤷*♀️
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by Fizzacer
Heard that this year edgehill only took 50 students - not sure if that sways you 🤷*♀️

As in they are or aren’t popular?
Reply 3
not sure how many applicants they had as 2020 entry is their first intake and the statistics wont be published until june / july time - but most med schools take between 200-350 students so only taking 50 is a really small cohort
Original post by erin_moore14
I’m debating on whether to go to edgehill or Hull as I’ve heard people go to liverpool for nights out but I’m wondering how often to people actually do that? Or overall which option I should go for?

Hi Erin, hope you're well! Can you let me know which course you're interested in studying?

Students at Edge Hill typically go on nights out either in Ormskirk or Liverpool. Ormskirk is smaller but the bars aren't too far from campus. There's a good mix, including clubs like Alpine (a particular favourite with students) and independent bars such as Mimi & Gin. We've also got a bar/club on campus ran by our Students' Union. They host weekly themed socials (neon, foam party, zombie, etc) as well as other events including karaoke and pub quizzes. Liverpool is much bigger and has a wider variety of clubs, but you also need to factor in the cost of travel (especially if you're getting a taxi back to campus).

As for which university you should choose, I would consider the following:

- What modules do each University's course offer?
- How are the classes taught? For instance, is it small class sizes? Is it a mix of theory/practical (if relevant)?
- What opportunities are available? This could be placements, trips, etc.
- What is each area like? You've already considered this by looking at Ormskirk/Liverpool nightlife, but also consider what the campus is like.

With things as they are, you won't be able to visit a University for a tour any time soon. However, I can help with any questions you might have.

Alex
Reply 5
Original post by erin_moore14

Are there any other factors apart from night life that could sway you one direction or the other? What are you hoping to study?
Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi Erin, hope you're well! Can you let me know which course you're interested in studying?

Students at Edge Hill typically go on nights out either in Ormskirk or Liverpool. Ormskirk is smaller but the bars aren't too far from campus. There's a good mix, including clubs like Alpine (a particular favourite with students) and independent bars such as Mimi & Gin. We've also got a bar/club on campus ran by our Students' Union. They host weekly themed socials (neon, foam party, zombie, etc) as well as other events including karaoke and pub quizzes. Liverpool is much bigger and has a wider variety of clubs, but you also need to factor in the cost of travel (especially if you're getting a taxi back to campus).

- How are the classes taught? For instance, is it small class sizes? Is it a mix of theory/practical (if relevant)?
- What is each area like? You've already considered this by looking at Ormskirk/Liverpool nightlife, but also consider what the campus is like.

With things as they are, you won't be able to visit a University for a tour any time soon. However, I can help with any questions you might have.

Alex

Thank you Alex for being so informative it is a MSC in Sports Therapy I would be studying. I have taken into account all the factors you have mentioned and already looked at everything the campus has to offer. Honestly I’m more swayed to edgehill however, the nightlife was the only question I was asking as it is really the only thing you I couldn’t find out much about. I’m fairly certain Edgehill will be my final decision however, I’m just going through the processes of making sure I’m fully informed on what both universities have to offer.

Erin
Original post by Edge Hill University

Alex

Thank you Alex for being so informative it is a MSC in Sports Therapy I would be studying. I have taken into account all the factors you have mentioned and already looked at everything the campus has to offer. Honestly I’m more swayed to edgehill however, the nightlife was the only question I was asking as it is really the only thing you I couldn’t find out much about. I’m fairly certain Edgehill will be my final decision however, I’m just going through the processes of making sure I’m fully informed on what both universities have to offer.

Erin

Original post by Loran24
Are there any other factors apart from night life that could sway you one direction or the other? What are you hoping to study?

MSC in Sports Therapy it’s really just an overall idea of each uni which will make my final decision

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending