giannakarex
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
A Level Pearson Edexcel gives you the option to study all the modules of mathematics and further mathematics and by taking them all you receive three A levels by studying only two subjects. Is that possible with the CIE Examinations ?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by giannakarex)
A Level Pearson Edexcel gives you the option to study all the modules of mathematics and further mathematics and by taking them all you receive three A levels by studying only two subjects. Is that possible with the CIE Examinations ?
I think you may have misunderstood. What modules do you think will get you 3 A levels?
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I think you are on about international A-level where you can get an a-level in pure mathematics, mathematics and further mathematics (correct me i am wrong)...
giannakarex
Rep:
?
CurryCurry2468
there are 18 modules C1-C4 M1-M2.......etc
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
CurryCurry2468
there are 18 modules C1-C4 M1-M2.......etc
So are you on about international A-levels then???
giannakarex
Rep:
?
yes I am not studying for Pearson though I m studying for CIE Maths and further maths
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Edexcel used to offer 18 units and it was possible to obtain A levels in Maths, Further Maths and Additional Further Maths (this was both in the UK and internationally). The UK now had linear A levels and for IAL they now offer fewer units and Additional Further Maths is not possible. It has never been possible to count the same unit in more than 1 A level and I presume this remains the case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (686)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (860)
42.49%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (387)
19.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.5%

Watched Threads