savvyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi guys, I have conditional offers from the University of Southampton to do the 4 year Master's adult and mental health Nursing course and from Solent uni to do the 3 year BSc in adult Nursing. Are there any current students from either uni who can offer their suggestions please, particularly regarding student support, placements, quality of the tutors etc. Also, how many days / hours per week do you have to attend uni and how many hours / days on placement? I want to live in downtown Southampton, so travel info would also be really appreciated. Thanks for all of your help.
OkThanksBye
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm in year 13 but I live in Southampton, transport is quite good here, loads of buses so living in town is fine, equally if you've got a car you'll be fine too as the traffic isn't too bad. I didn't apply to either so I can't tell you much more but from what I've heard from friends they're both great universities but the university of Southampton is much better.
savvyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by OkThanksBye)
I'm in year 13 but I live in Southampton, transport is quite good here, loads of buses so living in town is fine, equally if you've got a car you'll be fine too as the traffic isn't too bad. I didn't apply to either so I can't tell you much more but from what I've heard from friends they're both great universities but the university of Southampton is much better.
Thank you
Anonymous #1
Report 7 months ago
wtf is solent
Anonymous #1
Report 7 months ago
sorry that sounded rude.

I just looked it up and I thought you were joking...

Idk Uni of Southampton looks better on the whole.
oliviasibleyx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi! I'm in year 13 and I also applied to the university of Southampton but for the 4 years child and mental health degree. Sorry i'm not able to answer your question but I was just wondering if you could give me any information on the interview process. I'm assuming you did your interview before lockdown and actually went to the university for it. My interview however is online but the actual interview should still be similar so any tips or info you could give me would be greatly appreciated x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (502)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (620)
41.53%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (303)
20.29%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.55%

Watched Threads