izzyp1010
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I want to apply next academic year to do applied social data science at LSE. the entry requirements say you must have a degree in "social science, data science, statistics or a quantitative field"
I am in my final year of a BA (Hons) in History and Sociology at Warwick, my degree is 50/50 in terms of content and I have done modules in quantitative methods learning both SPSS and Stata for data visualisation. I am on track for a first class
I just wanted to know whether my degree qualified or whether I will be at a disadvantage because half of my degree is humanities (although I focus on social history, my diss is definitely from a socio-historical perspective)
thank you in advance!
vaeltaja
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
same problem here. coming from a humanity subject, but still wanting to apply for a mater of science degree. Hope anyone who has similar experience can save me and op.
Soung
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I'm a current student doing social data science at LSE. It might be a disadvantage for you not having programming background but you still stand a chance. You might want to focus on the quantitative courses you have taken in your application materials. My bet is that some of my classmates got in without a programming background. All the best to you!
Claudia Man
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I am doing the course this year and I came from a BA background. So you should totally try to apply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (31)
34.44%
No (46)
51.11%
I don't know (13)
14.44%

Watched Threads