The Student Room Group

Help, My Boyfriend Thinks I’m Lying

so a few months ago my best friend got with a guy at a party. his name was ryan but everyone called him rob as his last name was roberts. i was hanging out with my friend and him after the party as my boyfriend had gone home and we had fallen out. rob added himself on my snapchat and took a picture of himself and my friend on my phone. the next day my boyfriend and i made up and met up. i had been messaging rob about how things were with him and my friend. my boyfriend saw on my phone if spoken to him and asked what his name was. in the moment i forgot his real name and could only think of his last name robert so i said i don’t know. i didn’t think much of it but looking back on it i can see how it must’ve looked dodgy me messaging him and claiming not to know his name and i don’t know why i didn’t just tell my boyfriend his name was rob or check my phone for his name to tell my boyfriend. i knew my boyfriend knew that i had been messaging him because i hadn’t been trying to hide my phone or anything- i had nothing to hide. i know that i could’ve handled the situation better and i have since deleted his snapchat and have not spoken to him since. this was months ago and my friend doesn’t even talk to him anymore. my boyfriend is still annoyed and is convinced i lied. the other day his ex (they weren’t official but did stuff) sent him a picture of a spider that he then sent to me. i asked who sent it to him and he said it was his friend alan. i said i knew he was lying and he admitted he had lied but called me a hypocrite. i didn’t have a problem with him talking to her and told him i’d just rather he didn’t lie. we ended up arguing about rob again. i don’t know how to put this rob stuff in the past with him. opinions?
Original post by xron
so a few months ago my best friend got with a guy at a party. his name was ryan but everyone called him rob as his last name was roberts. i was hanging out with my friend and him after the party as my boyfriend had gone home and we had fallen out. rob added himself on my snapchat and took a picture of himself and my friend on my phone. the next day my boyfriend and i made up and met up. i had been messaging rob about how things were with him and my friend. my boyfriend saw on my phone if spoken to him and asked what his name was. in the moment i forgot his real name and could only think of his last name robert so i said i don’t know. i didn’t think much of it but looking back on it i can see how it must’ve looked dodgy me messaging him and claiming not to know his name and i don’t know why i didn’t just tell my boyfriend his name was rob or check my phone for his name to tell my boyfriend. i knew my boyfriend knew that i had been messaging him because i hadn’t been trying to hide my phone or anything- i had nothing to hide. i know that i could’ve handled the situation better and i have since deleted his snapchat and have not spoken to him since. this was months ago and my friend doesn’t even talk to him anymore. my boyfriend is still annoyed and is convinced i lied. the other day his ex (they weren’t official but did stuff) sent him a picture of a spider that he then sent to me. i asked who sent it to him and he said it was his friend alan. i said i knew he was lying and he admitted he had lied but called me a hypocrite. i didn’t have a problem with him talking to her and told him i’d just rather he didn’t lie. we ended up arguing about rob again. i don’t know how to put this rob stuff in the past with him. opinions?

The only hypocrite is him here, you need to tell him either he believes you or the relationship is over
Yeah he obvs just has a grudge and from what you have said, you've done everything right to try and move past it but your bf is being a bit immature. You need to tell him that it is in the past and he isn't to bring it up anymore and you want a fresh start of honesty in the relationship.
Reply 3
Original post by xron

convince him till he believes you are saying the truth
Reply 4
Original post by username47781
The only hypocrite is him here, you need to tell him either he believes you or the relationship is over

thank you
Reply 5
Original post by Noel's Knowledge
Yeah he obvs just has a grudge and from what you have said, you've done everything right to try and move past it but your bf is being a bit immature. You need to tell him that it is in the past and he isn't to bring it up anymore and you want a fresh start of honesty in the relationship.

thank you
Original post by skylue
convince him till he believes you are saying the truth

thank you
Original post by Noel's Knowledge

thank you
(edited 4 years ago)
He is a waste of time this guy. He doesn't trust you talking to guys online? And his grudge of the Rob/Ryan situation has been going on for months? It will only get much worse. If you stay, 5-10 years down the line and every guy called Rob that comes into your world he will be bringing it up yet again. And not only that, he lied about who sent him that pic, which kind of makes him the untrustworthy one. People who are like that are NOT worth getting into a relationship with because of their lack of trust. And not only that, they are the ones being untrustworthy.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Ghostlady
He is a waste of time this guy. He doesn't trust you talking to guys online? And his grudge of the Rob/Ryan situation has been going on for months? Ditch the deadwood, he will only get much worse. If you stay, I can just see it now: 5-10 years down the line and every guy called Rob that comes into your world he will be bringing it up yet again. And not only that, he lied about who sent him that pic, which kind of makes him the untrustworthy one. People who are like that are NOT worth getting into a relationship with because of their lack of trust. And not only that, they are the ones being untrustworthy.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending