Alevel resit disadvantaging my medicine application ?

Watch
brrbdvveevgegeg
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I was planning to do a gap year next year and I was predicted ABB and I think my class work kind of reflected this but after doing loads of papers and revision I have been working towards As and A*s . I won’t be happy with my alevels this year , would I able to resit year 13 as the September exams don’t seem so certain and I’ve not finished the content , or would unis not like this ? Thankyou
Lau2en _
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some unis don’t accept resits so you’ll have to look into that. Sorry if it wasn’t much help. What do you want to study?
brrbdvveevgegeg
Rep:
?
Hi it’s for medicine , it’s annoying as I’ve not even sat exams yet it’s classed as a resit
Last edited by brrbdvveevgegeg; 1 year ago
username5231288
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by brrbdvveevgegeg)
Hi it’s for medicine , it’s annoying as I’ve not even stat exams yet it’s classed as a resit
More and more medical schools are accepting resits. That being said, they may take things into consideration this year and the ones who aren't accepting may become more accepting.
Keels25
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think if you choose to sit your exams either this Autumn or next summer, medical schools will accept the results and will not class them as resits (but obviously you'll have to apply in September so you'll be in competition with the next lot of Year 13s). I read this on the UCL website:

"We are happy to consider applicants for 2021 entry should they wish to defer their assessment or are unhappy with the grades they are given in the summer examination result release. Applicants will be required to re-apply and will be considered in competition with other applicants for 2021. However, we will not consider sitting the examinations in the Autumn as re-takes and therefore applicants taking this route will not be disadvantaged in the application process."

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2020/mar/...ak-coronavirus

Not sure about every medical school, but I imagine they will probably follow suit.
Last edited by Keels25; 1 year ago
brrbdvveevgegeg
Rep:
?
^^ that sounds good ! I was wanting to apply for Cambridge but I reckon they may be picky so I’m going to look around to see what different unis say
Thankyou for the responses
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
26.67%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.33%
No I am happy with my choice (85)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.33%

Watched Threads