Is it normal to have 15+ pages of notes for one topic?

Watch
Xxz39
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m just wondering if I should condense and summarize my notes more since writing them is getting out of hand. Those 15+ pages notes are for the very long and dense topics though and I combine both AS and A Level section in them.

Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Xxz39)
I’m just wondering if I should condense and summarize my notes more since writing them is getting out of hand. Those 15+ pages notes are for the very long and dense topics though and I combine both AS and A Level section in them.
Condensing and summarising is an excellent way to revise and consolidate your knowledge. Writing them out 'in neat' is a monumental waste of time, and I'm sure you can easily see the difference between these two activities.

15 pages of notes for a topic like biochemistry or immunology is perfectly normal, nay expected. The trick is to get this down to a manageable 'revision' level by identifying key information which then triggers you to recall the detail.
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It depends on the content of the notes and topic. For specific biology units I had A LOT of flashcards, but when I split them into topics within the unit it wasn't that many. Same with chemistry. I didn't really put past questions in my notes so it was just knowledge.
As you said, since the 15+ page notes are for the more dense topics with AS and A level content it should be fine as long as it works for you, but summarising everything down to more concise points will always help your brain retain the knowledge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads