Experience at University of Highlands and Islands?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi! I'm looking at transferring to UHI and wondered about how students there found it? Is the uni good, are the courses satisfactory, is there sufficient support for students?

thanks in advance
Anonymous #1
just bumping!
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Anndee - any insights?
Anonymous #1
sorry, bumping again! It's really hard to find students who've been but I'm really eager to know how studying there is. If it helps I'll be transferring from animation to fine art, and I'm currently first year.
Anonymous #1
bumpppp!
Anonymous #1
bumping again : )
Anonymous #1
bump!
Anndee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, I can only speak for my subject area (Humanities) at UHI, but I enjoyed my own student experience there, and current students also seem to enjoy it - in surveys, satisfaction is consistently high. As for the details, they vary very much between courses and Academic Partners - some colleges are rather small, others have large campuses, some colleges focus very much on specific subjects only, others are broader. It really depends, but make sure that you check out your specific college before making any decision, to see if it's a good fit for you
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Anndee)
Hi, I can only speak for my subject area (Humanities) at UHI, but I enjoyed my own student experience there, and current students also seem to enjoy it - in surveys, satisfaction is consistently high. As for the details, they vary very much between courses and Academic Partners - some colleges are rather small, others have large campuses, some colleges focus very much on specific subjects only, others are broader. It really depends, but make sure that you check out your specific college before making any decision, to see if it's a good fit for you
Thank you for the insight! I really appreciate it, I've found it hard to find past or current students haha. I'll do more research and then drop an email to see if they'll consider my transfer application
Alexrouse1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! I'm looking at transferring to UHI and wondered about how students there found it? Is the uni good, are the courses satisfactory, is there sufficient support for students?

thanks in advance
I’m going to the north highland college in sept feel free to add my snap. Same as my TSR username
Blackbeardos
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (188)
57.85%
I don't have everything I need (137)
42.15%

Watched Threads