Awatif.Mx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to study in South Korea at korea university or yonsei university. However I am planning to take a gap year so if I do attend I’ll be going in 2022. At the moment I am doing a BTEC level 3 in applied science and my question is do universities in Korea know about BTEC courses and will they accept students who do them. If not what should I doooo😳😳????
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Awatif.Mx)
I want to study in South Korea at korea university or yonsei university. However I am planning to take a gap year so if I do attend I’ll be going in 2022. At the moment I am doing a BTEC level 3 in applied science and my question is do universities in Korea know about BTEC courses and will they accept students who do them. If not what should I doooo😳😳????
Have you looked at the universities' websites or contacted admissions to ask?
Awatif.Mx
Rep:
?
I’ve looked at both korea university and yonsei university however it is quite hard to navigate around the website despite some of it being in English. I haven’t contacted the admission although I may do that through email if there is an option to do so. I’m worried that they have no idea as to what a BTEC level 3 National extended diploma is which will ruin my chances of getting in
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve looked at both korea university and yonsei university however it is quite hard to navigate around the website despite some of it being in English. I haven’t contacted the admission although I may do that through email if there is an option to do so. I’m worried that they have no idea as to what a BTEC level 3 National extended diploma is which will ruin my chances of getting in
Email them for clarification. I don't know how they will interpret the qualification, but as both universities you've mentioned are part of the SKY universities, it might be pretty competitive.
LeMetalhead
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's worth emailing them, but I have to be honest, outside of the UK there's hardly anybody who even knows what a BTEC is
Awatif.Mx
Rep:
?
Yeaa apparently there’s a higher acceptance rate for international students since they want to attract more of them. But also what happens if they don’t accept it would I have to do a foundation year?
Awatif.Mx
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Email them for clarification. I don't know how they will interpret the qualification, but as both universities you've mentioned are part of the SKY universities, it might be pretty competitive.
They do have high acceptance rates for international students. If they don’t accept btecs do you know if they allow students to do foundation years there before their actual degree?
Awatif.Mx
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeMetalhead)
It's worth emailing them, but I have to be honest, outside of the UK there's hardly anybody who even knows what a BTEC is
Ahhhhh
Granolakiddo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think that being a foreigner helps but, since it is a SKY university there will be a lot of competition
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They do have high acceptance rates for international students. If they don’t accept btecs do you know if they allow students to do foundation years there before their actual degree?
Do they advertise foundation degrees anywhere on their websites? If they don't mention it, then probably not.
Momosandme17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey I've been having the same issue lately because I too want to enrol to a South korean University with a BTEC subject that I had taken amongst the other two A levels. Did you get accepted with the BTEC degree?
Awatif.Mx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Momosandme17)
Hey I've been having the same issue lately because I too want to enrol to a South korean University with a BTEC subject that I had taken amongst the other two A levels. Did you get accepted with the BTEC degree?
I have not applied yet but I will be applying in 2022. I think it should be fine their requirements are that you have finished school and have a certificate to prove it. People being home schooled are not accepted
yoyo2031
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Have you emailed them and if yes what did they say
yoyo2031
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I currently study a BTEC and 1IB want to study computer science there but I do not know if they accept BTEC to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.44%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.77%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.05%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.03%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.42%

Watched Threads