How do I get followers on Instagram??

Watch
This discussion is closed.
M_xxx113
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So I set up my insta account last week. I have 31 followers and that is literally everyone I know!! 10 of those followers are friends and the other 21 are people who I know/are acquaintances.

I don't know how people have 300+ followers. I can't think of anyone else I know who I can follow. My friends keep asking me to post a pic but i feel a bit embarrased with my following. I know this sounds really juvenile but how do people gain a following.

I don't want to request the people recommended to me because I don't know them whatsoever
Tsranonymous123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by M_xxx113)
So I set up my insta account last week. I have 31 followers and that is literally everyone I know!! 10 of those followers are friends and the other 21 are people who I know/are acquaintances.

I don't know how people have 300+ followers. I can't think of anyone else I know who I can follow. My friends keep asking me to post a pic but i feel a bit embarrased with my following. I know this sounds really juvenile but how do people gain a following.

I don't want to request the people recommended to me because I don't know them whatsoever
I used to think it was all about followers and likes but honestly it’s not. Just follow who you know that’s what I do now. I used to have thousands of followers and now have under 100 and that’s everyone I personally have met in real life and know. You don’t want everyone knowing what you’re up to anyways.
M_xxx113
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tsranonymous123)
I used to think it was all about followers and likes but honestly it’s not. Just follow who you know that’s what I do now. I used to have thousands of followers and now have under 100 and that’s everyone I personally have met in real life and know. You don’t want everyone knowing what you’re up to anyways.
Maybe cause it's my first time on insta but I've been sucked into the numbers game. I just feel a bit irrelevant having 31 followers when all my friends are on at least 200+. I literally don't know anyone else to follow and don't get how people build a following. Only weird men have been requesting my account
R61141
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
People are dying out there and your concern is followers.

I’m joking 😂
Last edited by R61141; 7 months ago
Tsranonymous123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by M_xxx113)
Maybe cause it's my first time on insta but I've been sucked into the numbers game. I just feel a bit irrelevant having 31 followers when all my friends are on at least 200+. I literally don't know anyone else to follow and don't get how people build a following. Only weird men have been requesting my account
Yeah it gets like that you’ll always find the weirdos are first to request aha. I’d just start by posting your first picture, the likes to followers ratios always a bit off like I have 80 followers and get around 45 likes which I don’t really mind I don’t think too much about it. But yeah post your first picture once people see you post you’ll start getting requests. It’s hard to build a following without any posts as people tend to think you’re not active so won’t bother following.
M_xxx113
Rep:
?
(Original post by R61141)
People are dying out there and your concern if followers. I’m joking 😂
lmaoooo third world problems
M_xxx113
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tsranonymous123)
Yeah it gets like that you’ll always find the weirdos are first to request aha. I’d just start by posting your first picture, the likes to followers ratios always a bit off like I have 80 followers and get around 45 likes which I don’t really mind I don’t think too much about it. But yeah post your first picture once people see you post you’ll start getting requests. It’s hard to build a following without any posts as people tend to think you’re not active so won’t bother following.
I won't aim for the 200 followers to post my first pic lol probs set my sights lower at 80 followers lol
zanzea
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
the people with the most are actually buying them, true story

same goes with youtube
Reso1utionS
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is very difficult and involves a lot of money, time, and luck. I would recommend starting on instagram. If you are already active on other social media platforms, it's a good way to start and get all your followers to follow you on instagram, too. Also maybe you are uploading some videos on onlyfans and can get your viewers to follow you, too. It is good to have an active follower base, even if it's just a few hundred people. All you need to do is post regularly to keep them coming back to your site and check for new pictures.
Last edited by Reso1utionS; 1 month ago
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ill follow you
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'll follow you too.
Spoiler:
Show
How many accounts?
Spoiler:
Show
My prices are very reasonable...

Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't follow people with 0 posts because I don't think they're worth having as they don't engage with it, so you might as well put some posts up just to show that you are engaging with it
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
•Look at what people online are talking about (trending lists etc)
•Figure out what you can post to fit into a current trend
•Make the content compelling and relevant
•Follow lots of accounts that are the sort of people you want to follow you
•Use lots of hashtags
•Repeat 4-5 times daily

Pretty much guaranteed to work. If you give people a reason to follow you they will do, and if you don’t they’ll just bypass you and move onto follow someone who does 👍🏻
Last edited by IanDangerously; 1 month ago
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
when i first got instagram in year 8, it was a huge thing to have mass amounts of followers. everyone wanted to look popular and known.

realistically, it means absolutely nothing. it might 'impress' a few people for a couple of seconds, but after this, it will add literally nothing to who you are as a person.

if you really, really, really wanted to then I'm sure there are apps for that sort of thing - though they're bots so I wouldn't recommend them just in case they're not safe! :yep:
bablos
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Last edited by bablos; 3 weeks ago
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Be yourself
BARBARISKA
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Come up with something new and interesting!
candydiva
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Having lots of followers is a phase. At first it seems cool and great and all. I had ~7k at one point but I removed all socials from my life except TSR lol and it's just better now.

U will become a slave not so much to the actual followers as to ur concept of the obligation u have to entertain/inform/provoke them. U will find it increasingly hard to be honest about ur real feelings especially if they are complex or contradict smthing u said before or an image u want them to have of u. U will spend an increasing number of hours taking pics for IG coz the one u just took at Trevi fountain doesn't have the right light etc and soon u will disconnect from wat u r actually doing and live inside the small electronic gizmo.

Just remember, watever they say, IG/followers do NOT luv u back. They will do nothing 4 u. Ever. Socials like IG are a one-sided emotional and time sink.

Buuut if u r determined to gain followers it's v simple for a girl... u just have to show cleavage, fishnets and heels and maybe a nice thong shot in the mirror... u'll get 1k within a week
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise