Is this normal in lockdown?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If you’re in a relationship which despite being young (17) that’s lasted a year

For your boyfriend to enjoy talking to other girls (friends)?

He didn’t really before lockdown but now he’s enjoying talking to female friends some of who he has a history with

Is this something to worry about? Has lockdown made things boring for other couples?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
People are bored during lockdown, people have reached out to me/I’ve reached out to people who I havnt spoke to in ages as you have the chance now to restart friendships , catch up with people. I wouldn’t really worry about it, he’s most likely doing it with male friends as well you’re just not thinking about that aspect. Have you been talking to lots of people? If he’s telling you about it there’s most likely nothing going on as nows a time when he could easily hide things if he wanted to
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you’re in a relationship which despite being young (17) that’s lasted a year

For your boyfriend to enjoy talking to other girls (friends)?

He didn’t really before lockdown but now he’s enjoying talking to female friends some of who he has a history with

Is this something to worry about? Has lockdown made things boring for other couples?
Yes a lot of people are doing that during lockdown. My bf and i have a policy where we both dont talk to people we've had a past with. So if it makes you uncomfortable that he is doing that just tell him. Also it depends what kind of conversations he's having with his other female friends; usually you can tell the vibe of a conversation if its flirty or not. just talk to him about it openly.
Anonymous #1
People are bored during lockdown, people have reached out to me/I’ve reached out to people who I havnt spoke to in ages as you have the chance now to restart friendships , catch up with people. I wouldn’t really worry about it, he’s most likely doing it with male friends as well you’re just not thinking about that aspect. Have you been talking to lots of people? If he’s telling you about it there’s most likely nothing going on as nows a time when he could easily hide things if he wanted to
He didn’t tell me though, I logged into his snap with his permission to get some pictures of us and saw them then I asked him and he said ‘oh yeah we’re just catching up’ in a casual way
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
I mean he's openly admitting he's talking to them, so wouldn't worry too much. Would be more of an issue if he was trying to cover it up.
Anonymous #1
Yes a lot of people are doing that during lockdown. My bf and i have a policy where we both dont talk to people we've had a past with. So if it makes you uncomfortable that he is doing that just tell him. Also it depends what kind of conversations he's having with his other female friends; usually you can tell the vibe of a conversation if its flirty or not. just talk to him about it openly.
Your bf is good to agree to policies, mine wouldn’t

He’s a good boyfriend but I know he’s spoken to a few of these girls for years before he even knew me and I’m pretty sure it could get flirty but I know he does love me
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
I mean he's openly admitting he's talking to them, so wouldn't worry too much. Would be more of an issue if he was trying to cover it up.
I take that back then:// yeah sounds a little suspicious then.
Anonymous #1
I mean how realistic is it for him to not talk to other girls and for it to get flirty, were both just 17 and I know he wouldn’t act on it.

The thing that most bothers me is that maybe he’s bored now of talking to just me for the past year as it’s only been since lockdown they’ve started talking again. He’s probably bored of just speaking to me all day
username5231288
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mean how realistic is it for him to not talk to other girls and for it to get flirty, were both just 17 and I know he wouldn’t act on it.

The thing that most bothers me is that maybe he’s bored now of talking to just me for the past year as it’s only been since lockdown they’ve started talking again. He’s probably bored of just speaking to me all day
I think anybody would be bored of speaking to the same person all day everyday, especially when there will be hardly anything new to report. I doubt he's bored of you such that he's speaking to other people. I think it's just everyone is pretty bored right now and maybe he thought this would actually be a good time for a catch-up.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 year ago
Your bf is good to agree to policies, mine wouldn’t

He’s a good boyfriend but I know he’s spoken to a few of these girls for years before he even knew me and I’m pretty sure it could get flirty but I know he does love me
It wouldn’t get flirty if he loved you. I think he’s being disrespectful.
username5243162
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why would he be talking to girls he had history with if he didn’t care about them? Being bored is not an excuse for what he’s doing. That honestly sounds shady to me. Are you talking to your exes because you’re bored? Probably not, so you should confront him about it asap if it’s bothering you. No matter how bored I am I would never talk to my ex if I am currently in a relationship. That’s simply a no...
Anonymous #1
It wouldn’t get flirty if he loved you. I think he’s being disrespectful.
I think a guy can love you and enjoy flirting with someone else
Anonymous #1
(Original post by imaniii)
Why would he be talking to girls he had history with if he didn’t care about them? Being bored is not an excuse for what he’s doing. That honestly sounds shady to me. Are you talking to your exes because you’re bored? Probably not, so you should confront him about it asap if it’s bothering you. No matter how bored I am I would never talk to my ex if I am currently in a relationship. That’s simply a no...
She isn’t an ex exactly but they spoke for years and she’s very pretty 😮 although some people stay friends with their exes, they haven’t ever gone out or been physical before but I thibk he cares though to be curious about her and what she’s up to
username5243162
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
She isn’t an ex exactly but they spoke for years and she’s very pretty 😮 although some people stay friends with their exes, they haven’t ever gone out or been physical before but I thibk he cares though to be curious about her and what she’s up to
Oh I get it. It really suck that you’re in this position. 😕Still, sth about it sounds wrong to me, disrespectful from his side. If I were you I’d definitely talk to him to understand why he’s doing it. Boredom is honestly not an excuse at all, it has to be something else. But again, that’s my personal opinion, you know your boyfriend and the kind of person he is, so out of all the advices you get from people at the end of the day you’ll have to make a decision what to do. I hope y’all solve your problem!! 🤞🏽🤞🏽 stay strong!
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He's just horny
Anonymous #1
(Original post by imaniii)
Oh I get it. It really suck that you’re in this position. 😕Still, sth about it sounds wrong to me, disrespectful from his side. If I were you I’d definitely talk to him to understand why he’s doing it. Boredom is honestly not an excuse at all, it has to be something else. But again, that’s my personal opinion, you know your boyfriend and the kind of person he is, so out of all the advices you get from people at the end of the day you’ll have to make a decision what to do. I hope y’all solve your problem!! 🤞🏽🤞🏽 stay strong!
Thank you, I know she knows about me because he recently posted me for my birthday
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
He's just horny
I spoke to a friend who knows her and apparently she’s not the type to send nudes and in the whole 3 years they spoke she didn’t send any nudes to him. I asked him about it when we were talking about our exes and he said she posts bikini pics in summer but that’s all he’s seen of her. So could it still be because he’s horny?
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I spoke to a friend who knows her and apparently she’s not the type to send nudes and in the whole 3 years they spoke she didn’t send any nudes to him. I asked him about it when we were talking about our exes and he said she posts bikini pics in summer but that’s all he’s seen of her. So could it still be because he’s horny?
He's a lad, coming from a lad. Yes I'd say so lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
He's a lad, coming from a lad. Yes I'd say so lol
Wow so even talking to a pretty girl can make a guy horny even if she doesn’t post much and there’s no chance of her sending nudes? Do you think he lowkey cares about her cos it seems like he’s interested in what she’s doing for uni.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Tbh it sounds like you’re trying to make more of an issue than there is. If you go looking for trouble you’ll find it , by asking him if he’s seen any nude photos and him saying ‘only ones she posts in a bikini’ sounds like he’s trying to be honest with you and not lie at all. There’s no problem with him talking to other girls especially if their only history is that they knew each other before you started dating and you think they’re pretty. Sounds like you need to work out some trust/self confidence issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads