The Student Room Group

Cambridge police stopping NHS staff from going to work

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
The only explanation I can come up with is the mask has slipped, they were tyrants before but now they feel they have the power to enforce their personal whims.

I think there has always been a significant minority of 'coppers' who've always wished for draconian powers which they can exploit. They should be clearly be held accountable for the misuse of their supposed 'powers'.
Original post by Reality Check
I think there has always been a significant minority of 'coppers' who've always wished for draconian powers which they can exploit. They should be clearly be held accountable for the misuse of their supposed 'powers'.

I did come across this now rather unsurprisingly deleted tweet.

If someone has nhs id they should let them through.

I am horrified that nhs staff are being mugged for their id lanyards so that others can either use them or pass them on.

This virus has brought out the worst ( and best) in everyone. The vast majority of Britons are behaving in an exemplary fashion
Original post by Oxford Mum
If someone has nhs id they should let them through.

I am horrified that nhs staff are being mugged for their id lanyards so that others can either use them or pass them on.

This virus has brought out the worst ( and best) in everyone. The vast majority of Britons are behaving in an exemplary fashion

💯 spot on !!!
Reply 24
Because there are sheeple who see others sitting around and think it's ok for them to do the same, and then numbers multiply and social distancing is a problem. Sunbathing in a park isn't exercise.
Original post by DiddyDec
The police are helping nobody by restricting the movement of NHS staff.

They have since issued a half apology.

https://twitter.com/CambsCops/status/1249335024232607745

It’s all ok now, they’ve done some clapping.

I’ve seen a few reports of this going on, it’s a curtain twitchers wet dream out there right now.

Another note suggested that the person going to work can’t have been a key worker because they didn’t have their uniform on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending