Could university live ever go back to normal again ? Post covid

Watch
Lucerobris
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm supposed to start first year of uni this September.
I'm very used to what uni lectures look like and what uni life is like as I've attended many times lectures at a couple of universities with my friends and my boyfriend just for fun.
So now that I am finally going to be an uni student. I think it will not be the same at all.
For instance, as we are living during this pandemic, post lockdown can still have some people be very paranoid.
Like in lectures usually it can be packed and spaces between people it's usually nothing. Specially being with your friends.
What about wearing a face mask and gloves to uni?
I'd like to wear it but what if I end up being the only one wearing gloves ??
Also thinking about taking antibacterial wipes and wipe the surfaces I seat on. Obviously it's for bacteria and not virus, but still being careful what to touch etc etc.
Like using the computer labs and having to sanitise everything before using. Or sanitising the books you borrow in the library before putting it in your backpack and leave.
Or what about just going on a night out and want to kiss somebody in the moment and you can never be so trusting anymore.
What do you think ?? If you're a student to be or already a student will you be completely back to before ???
tmr19
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lucerobris)
I'm supposed to start first year of uni this September.
I'm very used to what uni lectures look like and what uni life is like as I've attended many times lectures at a couple of universities with my friends and my boyfriend just for fun.
So now that I am finally going to be an uni student. I think it will not be the same at all.
For instance, as we are living during this pandemic, post lockdown can still have some people be very paranoid.
Like in lectures usually it can be packed and spaces between people it's usually nothing. Specially being with your friends.
What about wearing a face mask and gloves to uni?
I'd like to wear it but what if I end up being the only one wearing gloves ??
Also thinking about taking antibacterial wipes and wipe the surfaces I seat on. Obviously it's for bacteria and not virus, but still being careful what to touch etc etc.
Like using the computer labs and having to sanitise everything before using. Or sanitising the books you borrow in the library before putting it in your backpack and leave.
Or what about just going on a night out and want to kiss somebody in the moment and you can never be so trusting anymore.
What do you think ?? If you're a student to be or already a student will you be completely back to before ???
I think in the short term, like 6 months maybe, fairly strict social distancing measures (2m distancing etc) will still be in place. They'll still exist in some form until we have a workable vaccine next year. However, I think the virus will fizzle out as herd immunity grows and it begins to struggle to infect new hosts, so the social distancing may not go on for that much longer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (125)
27.41%
England (164)
35.96%
Belgium (33)
7.24%
Germany (43)
9.43%
Spain (10)
2.19%