The Student Room Group

alevels

i study alevel chemistry biology and psychology and i have a deep interest in studying politics/international relations and law in uni and i dont know if i should cuz i have no background in politics and i have is science knowledge. im starting uni this year shall i call clearing and apply to politics or stay with my same course as pharmaceutical chemistry.
Reply 1
A lot of unis don’t require you to have studied politics to do a degree involving it, however I think for a law degree it may be necessary to have studied law (not my area though so it’d be best to check). At the end of the day if you don’t think you will enjoy your chemistry course it could be a waste of time/money so I’d say do what you think you will enjoy most, but only you can make that decision really.
I suggest researching the degree if its worth swapping for. You might need an A level in politics but I dont know it's for most courses. For law, you dont need any specific subjects so I suggest applying for clearing or if you want to do law at any of your offers unis, you can contact them to switch your course to law - however, it depends the uni since some wont let you like Bristol due to the LNAT and you might need to do something like a new personal statement for law since you do need proof you want to study law at uni or have some interest in it as academic subject.
Original post by Lucy-01
A lot of unis don’t require you to have studied politics to do a degree involving it, however I think for a law degree it may be necessary to have studied law (not my area though so it’d be best to check). At the end of the day if you don’t think you will enjoy your chemistry course it could be a waste of time/money so I’d say do what you think you will enjoy most, but only you can make that decision really.

You dont need to study law as any subject is fine.

Quick Reply

Latest