Rexicon7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I'm doing 4 a levels at the moment but with the whole lockdown situation going on I figured I could make better use of my free time by doing an EPQ. I understand it's a big commitment (around 120hrs worth of work) but would it work if I tried to do one? If I was going to do one, I would write about the music and culture in video games. I know I would have no trouble at all coming up with things to write about it.
Last edited by Rexicon7; 6 months ago
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Same I was deciding to start too! I’m in year 12 and the sad thing is other colleges have already done it in year 12. My school does it in year 13. I might as well start now! But due to the lockdown I have no idea even what it is, how many words you have to write details details etc. All I know is that you have to write a long essay with plans and stuff about something that you’re passionate about
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If you can do most of it now and are able to balance it in yr 13, I think it would work.
Rexicon7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
Same I was deciding to start too! I’m in year 12 and the sad thing is other colleges have already done it in year 12. My school does it in year 13. I might as well start now! But due to the lockdown I have no idea even what it is, how many words you have to write details details etc. All I know is that you have to write a long essay with plans and stuff about something that you’re passionate about
Yeah I haven't been to any of the assemblies about it so I'm not too sure where to start. My school starts in in Y12 though, which is annoying.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Rexicon7)
Yeah I haven't been to any of the assemblies about it so I'm not too sure where to start. My school starts in in Y12 though, which is annoying.
Do u have a google classroom for it in your school
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm doing 4 a levels at the moment but with the whole lockdown situation going on I figured I could make better use of my free time by doing an EPQ. I understand it's a big commitment (around 120hrs worth of work) but would it work if I tried to do one? If I was going to do one, I would write about the music and culture in The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild. I know I would have no trouble at all coming up with things to write about it.
That's a really good idea to be doing an EPQ in your free time. If you know you will have no trouble coming up with ideas on what to write about, that will make writing it even easier.

My school made us submit a plan of what our EPQ was going to be about, but I'm not sure how your school will work.

Here is a link that will hopefully help you!
https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/w...e-epq-advice-1
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Defo look at this: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/epq-success/ and look at the examboard's specification:
d r e a m y
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm doing 4 a levels at the moment but with the whole lockdown situation going on I figured I could make better use of my free time by doing an EPQ. I understand it's a big commitment (around 120hrs worth of work) but would it work if I tried to do one? If I was going to do one, I would write about the music and culture in The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild. I know I would have no trouble at all coming up with things to write about it.
I did one! Just finished my first draft. Yes. I also take 4 A levels.
username5232810
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No Problem at all doing 4 A levels and an EPQ, lots of people do it.

I’d probably just add - it definitely helps if your EPQ is related to what you’d like to do at uni. Helps you stay motivated (as the process can be really drawn out at times) and means your work will be a really impressive addition to your PS. Should of course be something you’re interested in too.
This is assuming uni is your goal, idk if it is or not so you could just ignore this.
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by e^(i*pi) +;undefined)
No Problem at all doing 4 A levels and an EPQ, lots of people do it.

I’d probably just add - it definitely helps if your EPQ is related to what you’d like to do at uni. Helps you stay motivated (as the process can be really drawn out at times) and means your work will be a really impressive addition to your PS. Should of course be something you’re interested in too.
This is assuming uni is your goal, idk if it is or not so you could just ignore this.
Hi! I was wondering, my school makes us do EPQ in yr 13, I want to make my EPQ related to what I want to do at uni so am I still able to mention my EPQ in my ps even if it isn’t completed? I would’ve preferred to have done EPQ in year 12 but 😔 schools...
username5232810
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi! I was wondering, my school makes us do EPQ in yr 13, I want to make my EPQ related to what I want to do at uni so am I still able to mention my EPQ in my ps even if it isn’t completed? I would’ve preferred to have done EPQ in year 12 but 😔 schools...
If you’ve started it and would be able to talk about it at an interview (if you need to do any) then I don’t see why not. You would definitely need to have made a definite start though, and have a good idea of where it is going. Might be best to check with someone at your school as well.
mez_merising
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
we did our EPQ this year (im in y12) but we won't be able to submit them until nov due to the current circumstances
as above, it defo helps show you're passionate about your subject, and you can always start planning throughout y12 to put less stress on y13 with the links the others have put above
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (90)
28.21%
No - I have already returned home (41)
12.85%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (61)
19.12%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
10.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (95)
29.78%

Watched Threads