The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Calm down everyone. Even if resultsplus doesn't work, you'll still be able to go into school/college and get the results AND check on UCAS (presuming it isn't down, and you applied this year). Getting frustrated at something you can't change isn't good for anyone.
Reply 181
james s
Calm down everyone. Even if resultsplus doesn't work, you'll still be able to go into school/college and get the results AND check on UCAS (presuming it isn't down, and you applied this year). Getting frustrated at something you can't change isn't good for anyone.

Some of us can't go into school/college as that involves travelling 3000 kilometres!! And UCAS doesn't actually show us our results. Edexcel are the idiots who preached the advantages of this system, and they managed to work it last year, so would have thought they could figure out how to work it again this year. Sorry don't mean to seem aggressive towards you in case you're given that impression, I'm just frustrated like tissue shoulders.
Rags241
Some of us can't go into school/college as that involves travelling 3000 kilometres!! And UCAS doesn't actually show us our results. Edexcel are the idiots who preached the advantages of this system, and they managed to work it last year, so would have thought they could figure out how to work it again this year. Sorry don't mean to seem aggressive towards you in case you're given that impression, I'm just frustrated like tissue shoulders.

ditto to that!! i'm in greece so can't get my results, and like you said UCAS doesn't show the actual grades.
the business is just poo all round!
Reply 183
I do but ask, what are you going to do about other exam-board grades?
You are able to access the internet, can your school/college not email you your grades... or you telephone them?
Reply 184
Wondering to the edexcelers, do you really think that the servers will be working on results day? Or have you prepared for this and are going to log on at around 7 in the morning. Also, by being able to log online to find your results, does that mean that you cant go into school to find out?
james s
I do but ask, what are you going to do about other exam-board grades?
You are able to access the internet, can your school/college not email you your grades... or you telephone them?

I don't have any exams that aren't Edexcel. It's handy, I know. I do have a back-up in case the system fails in that my friend will just phone me through the results... but I'd rather be the first to see them so hopefully the system will work.
Rags241
For all of you out there with problems, or for those of you haven't received usernames and passwords, I sent an email to edexcel and they replied saying this:

Response (Clare Mooney) - 25/07/2008 08.39 AM
Dear Miss. Reynolds,

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry.

There has been a delay in the username and passwords being sent out. All candidates will be sent e-mail containing there username and password by the end of next week.

Kind Regards

Edexcel Customer Serviceswww.edexcel.org.uk

:eek:
Reply 187
motiv3
Wondering to the edexcelers, do you really think that the servers will be working on results day? Or have you prepared for this and are going to log on at around 7 in the morning. Also, by being able to log online to find your results, does that mean that you cant go into school to find out?

Servers were working last year at somethingstupid (6) o'clock when I looked, but past events don't always seem to be indicative of future ones in matters regarding the internet.
You will be able to get your results at school as well, unless something catastrophic happens you your school. For us, the print-outs all come in an envelope, I'm guessing yours is similar.
Reply 188
avila
For the fun of it, I modified the website's code and added in a June 08 option ( hey, I'm a CS student :] ). It logged me in, but from then on every page returned an error. :[

So, well, it _is_ there...

Cool
Reply 189
tissue shoulders
I don't have any exams that aren't Edexcel. It's handy, I know. I do have a back-up in case the system fails in that my friend will just phone me through the results... but I'd rather be the first to see them so hopefully the system will work.

Yeh I can phone my school if the worst comes to the worst...but having my head of sixth form read out my results isn't exactly what I imagined.
Reply 190
I need to be able to access my results at 6am. I've mentally prepared myself. I'm going to turn my laptop on at 5:55am and find out my grades sitting in my bedroom with the door shut. If I can't do that then I am not going to find them out. I won't be able to bear going into college where everyone already knows how I've done. :frown:
This is ridiculous. I have still had no email <_<
Has anyone got this yet? I was told by email that they would be sent out by 1st August, if I haven't got them by then, phone them. Fancy bombarding them with calls....

All candidates will receive their usernames and passwords for Results Plus by Friday 1st August. If for any reason you do not receive them by this date then please contact either your centre (if they are available) or the Edexcel Customer Services using one of the numbers below.

GCE - 0844 576 0025
GCSE - 0844 576 0027

----

To add, how are my school gonna know?!
lilangel890
Has anyone got this yet? I was told by email that they would be sent out by 1st August, if I haven't got them by then, phone them. Fancy bombarding them with calls....

All candidates will receive their usernames and passwords for Results Plus by Friday 1st August. If for any reason you do not receive them by this date then please contact either your centre (if they are available) or the Edexcel Customer Services using one of the numbers below.

GCE - 0844 576 0025
GCSE - 0844 576 0027

----

To add, how are my school gonna know?!

No, they said the 4th.

EDIT: Nevertheless, i have just sent an email of anger and hatred. That should get them off their seats.
I quote

Response (Michael Weaver) - 28/07/2008 09.15 AM
Dear Miss. Whitehead,

Thank you for your e-mail.

GCE - 0844 576 0025
GCSE - 0844 576 0027

Kind Regards

Edexcel Customer Services
www.edexcel.org.uk

----

It's getting later and later. *Annoyed*
lilangel890
I quote

Response (Michael Weaver) - 28/07/2008 09.15 AM
Dear Miss. Whitehead,

Thank you for your e-mail.

GCE - 0844 576 0025
GCSE - 0844 576 0027

Kind Regards

Edexcel Customer Services
www.edexcel.org.uk

----

It's getting later and later. *Annoyed*

Well, other emails i have seen say to wait until the 4th.
I've emailed them back. Why should I waste my money phoning?
Reply 197
lilangel890

me neither.
but i think you dont need the july confirmation email as long as you know your email address and get your password off them. look at the top of the page.
my p-word is 6 digits with letters and numbers. is this correct?
Even when I get a new password sent to me and try and log in it doesn't work. Probably cos it's still on january. Grrrrr.
lilangel890

i have no email and my results are a week before you!:p:

Latest