harry.tombling
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am in year 11 and predicted:Maths - 7Eng lit - 7Eng Lang - 7Business - 7Geography - 8Drama - 5French - 6/7 (9 in writing, 9 in speaking, 6/7 in reading, 4/5 in listening)Biology - 5/6Chemistry - 6Physics - 5/6I am planning to take Level 3 Media, A level Geography and either A level photography or french.Which out of photography and french should I choose. I want to be a film/Tv producer when I’m older which is the reasoning for photography. However, I want to keep up with french. The only reason why I’m unsure on french is due to my listening grade.Any help would be appreciated
.Sophie-Mae.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally, I'd look more into which may be more valued in the film/movie industry. I think photography might be the best option because you don't need to study french to keep it going. Photography I think is more relevant to your future career and with languages, you don't necessarily need a qualification. Employers will be happy if you can speak the language, whether or not you have a qualification to show it as it will be quite evident. French should be quite easy to keep going as an extra-curricular as you can continue to expand your french by watching tv in french, reading french books and maybe even getting an online friend who speaks french who can help you- although be careful about that one.
That's my advice to you. But ultimately, it's your choice and you should pick whichever one you think is best for you and only you can decide that.
Hope this was helpful
wellsey_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by .Sophie-Mae.)
Personally, I'd look more into which may be more valued in the film/movie industry. I think photography might be the best option because you don't need to study french to keep it going. Photography I think is more relevant to your future career and with languages, you don't necessarily need a qualification. Employers will be happy if you can speak the language, whether or not you have a qualification to show it as it will be quite evident. French should be quite easy to keep going as an extra-curricular as you can continue to expand your french by watching tv in french, reading french books and maybe even getting an online friend who speaks french who can help you- although be careful about that one.
That's my advice to you. But ultimately, it's your choice and you should pick whichever one you think is best for you and only you can decide that.
Hope this was helpful
I agree, do photography and continue french at home ( a photography qualification is more valuable and will also help give insight into whether you enjoy working with cameras and can open up more opportunities)
Guidzo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do what you enjoy but is also valued by your career/uni. In your position, I'd do media, geography and french as there is photography within media. You might want to consider taking a facilitating subject if your plans are uni. Don't choose based on the grades your getting- I choose maths A level despite it being my lowest GCSE grade because I enjoyed it and it was essential for university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (1)
4.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (4)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (3)
13.64%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (2)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (9)
40.91%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (3)
13.64%

Watched Threads