Girls, would you say you get along more with guys or girls?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I have one tight girl best friend, I’m not saying I don’t get along with girls but I feel like it’s easier for me to get along with boys. Do you think it’s possible to just be friends with a guy because I feel like me and all my guy friends flirt, it’s all harmless but it makes things difficult because the guy I was seeing and me we have the same friends lmao. I can be a girls girl but growing up with brothers I just get along more with guys.
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I would say I get on equally well, with boys and girls.
username3942526
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Guys more
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have one tight girl best friend, I’m not saying I don’t get along with girls but I feel like it’s easier for me to get along with boys. Do you think it’s possible to just be friends with a guy because I feel like me and all my guy friends flirt, it’s all harmless but it makes things difficult because the guy I was seeing and me we have the same friends lmao. I can be a girls girl but growing up with brothers I just get along more with guys.
I get along better with guys. They are just more simple relationships. However most of them started off where they were interested in me, or we used to date casually. However now we have valuable friendships and give the best relationship advice to each other.

Unfortunately my experience with girl friends involved a lot of cattiness, gossip, jealousy, and competitiveness. It was due to a backward patriarchal community at the time, but has affected me long term and I struggle to make friendships with girls. Trying to change that and make new girl friends! Hopefully after lockdown.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Report 6 months ago
Guys probably
Anonymous #1
I get along better with guys. They are just more simple relationships. However most of them started off where they were interested in me, or we used to date casually. However now we have valuable friendships and give the best relationship advice to each other.

Unfortunately my experience with girl friends involved a lot of cattiness, gossip, jealousy, and competitiveness. It was due to a backward patriarchal community at the time, but has affected me long term and I struggle to make friendships with girls. Trying to change that and make new girl friends! Hopefully after lockdown.
I feel like guys are more honest aswell. Don’t get me wrong guys gossip just as must as girls I’ve heard it myself but girls are just on a different level of catty that I don’t like being around. A lot of girls in my area love competing.
Truflais
Report 6 months ago
Girls. All of my closest friends are women.
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I like girls, so I often find that I can joke around more with guys because we share the same interest and we're on the same page, trying to set each other up lol. I'm not butch in any way, but I am quite confident and loud which I think can often balance out a calm boy.

I get on with girls too but the female dogginess can get to me sometimes

So, I'd say it's probably even. :yep:
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
I feel like guys are more honest aswell. Don’t get me wrong guys gossip just as must as girls I’ve heard it myself but girls are just on a different level of catty that I don’t like being around. A lot of girls in my area love competing.
True, I think they mostly CBA to be manipulative or show toxic behaviour. The things they want from friendship is kind of simple.
stereotypeasian
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
both :heart:
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
I get along better w girls because I honestly can’t deal with men as I don’t feel safe around them and we can’t connect on a level that I would like but it’s just my personal experiences and trauma lol
Anonymous #1
True, I think they mostly CBA to be manipulative or show toxic behaviour. The things they want from friendship is kind of simple.
I agree, I guess the only time it really gets complicated is when you get involved with someone that you started off as friends with. With me I started off as friends with all of the boys and we flirt casually with each other just as banter but then me and one of the boys got romantically involved with each other which made it hard because I have to be more cautious with what I’m doing
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Guys.
My best friend is a girl.
But most of the other friendships with the girls that I knew since childhood and female housemates are long over.
Girls can get terribly competitive with each other, turn spiteful or hold grudges for years and then suddenly boil over with rage.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Guys.
My best friend is a girl.
But most of the other friendships with the girls that I knew since childhood and female housemates are long over.
Girls can get terribly competitive with each other, turn spiteful or hold grudges for years and then suddenly boil over with rage.
I’m exactly the same. My best friend is a girl but my female friends that I had since young are all gone, I had to cut them off for my own well-being.
Kirkhamm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
My best friend is a guy...

but he's also my pet dog sooo
wellsey_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Get along best with guys, have more girl friends but my closest friends are quite "boyish" in nature but applying gender roles on people is very superficial anyway
stillcrying
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm a very nerdy girl who has played video games since I was 5 and grown up watching star wars, lots of football and all that typical boyish stuff. So without a doubt I get on a lot more with boys as I haven't found any girls who like that to the extent I do. I also can't keep up on gossip so I'm not a very good girl friend and most girls don't care for what I talk about. Boys don't seem to judge me, but I feel girls do :/
username5205898
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I have more guy mates
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Guys. I have far more in common with the average guy than the average girl.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I get along well with both but most of my friends are female
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (31)
19.14%
I'm not sure (3)
1.85%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (53)
32.72%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.85%
I'm not a current university student (72)
44.44%

Watched Threads