Do you always use IRAC when answering PQs?

Watch
Ryandrummond
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
In past modules like Contract, Tort, Equity & Trusts etc. I've always found sticking to an IRAC structure in problem questions relatively easy. However, at the moment I'm doing a problem question for Remedies in Contract and Tort and I feel as though there are too many small side issues to deal with, which makes strictly sticking to an IRAC structure almost impossible.

I feel like I've used IRAC for about 60% of my answer, and that I'm hitting all of the important points that need dealing with. So, I'm wondering whether I'll lose marks or fail to get great marks for not strictly keeping to an IRAC structure?
username3689312
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Could you give me an example of what you mean by side issues and i may be able to help you.
lawcalling
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I reckon you're more likely to lose marks for not discussing relevant points in the problem question than not adhering to IRAC. I only using IRAC loosely and where a full analysis is required e.g. its core to the PQ. If the side matter is relevant to the question at hand, I'd mention it briefly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads