The Student Room Group

Girlfriends mum hates me but why lol :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Connor022
So I went round my girl's for easter lunch yesterday. It was all nice and everything except her mum refused to talk to me except a few workds and wuldn't make eye contact. we went for a walk after and I ended up walking with her and she legit refused to even acknowledge me next to her and we walked in silence until we got back to hers.

My girls says nothing is up ad mum loves me but wtf? i'm going round hers tomorrow to help with some gardening (trying to make myself look like a good boy) but how can i approach the situation and get her to like me?

Don't go round there again.
Reply 21
Original post by Muttley79
Don't go round there again.

looooool she gonna hate me more if i stand ma girl up and dont help out
looooool she gonna hate me more if i stand ma girl up and dont help out

I'd be furious if you kept on breaking the guidelines - just wait!

My friend cannot even go to see her Dad after her Mum died ...
You should be social distancing. This isn’t okay.
I'm sorry, but you are an absolute idiot. What part of social distancing don't you understand. You can only spend time with people in your household, not the people next door, even if it is your girlfriend.

We are sacrificing seeing our own families so that we can beat this virus. My grandad is seriously ill in hospital, we cannot go to see him, nor can we go to help my 80yo gran who is on her own for the first time in her entire 80yrs on this planet. I am going out of my mind with worry, but sticking to the rules, however hard they might be, for the greater good of the population of not just our country but the entire world.

And then you have selfish idiots going out for Sunday lunch. Wow.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I'm sorry, but you are an absolute idiot. What part of social distancing don't you understand. You can only spend time with people in your household, not the people next door, even if it is your girlfriend.

We are sacrificing seeing our own families so that we can beat this virus. My grandad is seriously ill in hospital, we cannot go to see him, nor can we go to help my 80yo gran who is on her own for the first time in her entire 80yrs on this planet. I am going out of my mind with worry, but sticking to the rules, however hard they might be, for the greater good of the population of not just our country but the entire world.

Literally this. I’ve not seen my family in 4 months as they live back in London and I’m in the Midlands and I work full time. Was meant to go down for easter but was responsible and didn’t, I can’t see my friends as they’re a few streets away, I’m staying in so this doesn’t spread. If you are not in the same household s t o p m e e t i n g u p w i t h p e o p l e. If we all started just going round our friends ‘because they live close’ this virus is NEVER going to die down 😭
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Muttley79
I'd be furious if you kept on breaking the guidelines - just wait!

My friend cannot even go to see her Dad after her Mum died ...

yeah i know but shes next doorand i promised!
Reply 27

its alright weve been doing this for weeks and none of us have interacted with anyone else of been ill
Reply 28
Original post by Kirstie.lauren95
Literally this. I’ve not seen my family in 4 months as they live back in London and I’m in the Midlands and I work full time. Was meant to go down for easter but was responsible and didn’t, I can’t see my friends as they’re a few streets away, I’m staying in so this doesn’t spread. If you are not in the same household s t o p m e e t i n g u p w i t h p e o p l e. If we all started just going round our friends ‘because they live close’ this virus is NEVER going to die down 😭

it will thouh they are making a vaccine lol
it will thouh they are making a vaccine lol

It won’t be ready for at least 18 months. Do you know how many will die by then? The toll per day atm is 980. How selfish, praying you, your girlfriend and her family don’t get sick
its alright weve been doing this for weeks and none of us have interacted with anyone else of been ill

It is NOT alright. In fact I've half a mind to report this to the police and hopefully they can trace your IP!
Reply 31
Original post by Kirstie.lauren95
The toll per day atm is 980.

its not lol
Reply 32
It is NOT alright. In fact I've half a mind to report this to the police and hopefully they can trace your IP!

lol nah i'm just kinding with ya. ill be a good boy and stay in
its not lol

Well it is though..

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/uk-highest-death-toll-exceeding-even-italy-worst-day
(edited 4 years ago)
lol nah i'm just kinding with ya. ill be a good boy and stay in

I don't care, I've passed the information to a friend whose brother is in the force and said I'll buy him a drink when this is all over if he gets it sorted. They have the contacts to do this, in fact the department that deal with this kind of thing are actually quiet right now. It might sound pathetic and a waste of police time but I literally don't care. I don't know why particularly, but you've wound me up. I also have copies of the thread in case you get it deleted so don't bother with that one. The officer I've given the details to is also keen to get it sorted, as behaviour of people like you is making things difficult for everyone. I don't know how this will pan out or if they will find you, but I very much hope you get a knock on your door. If you're not in, I'll tell him to check next door. Your girlfriend's family are guilty of this too, so her mum really won't like you once you've brought the police to her door.
I don't care, I've passed the information to a friend whose brother is in the force and said I'll buy him a drink when this is all over if he gets it sorted. They have the contacts to do this, in fact the department that deal with this kind of thing are actually quiet right now. It might sound pathetic and a waste of police time but I literally don't care. I don't know why particularly, but you've wound me up. I also have copies of the thread in case you get it deleted so don't bother with that one. The officer I've given the details to is also keen to get it sorted, as behaviour of people like you is making things difficult for everyone. I don't know how this will pan out or if they will find you, but I very much hope you get a knock on your door. If you're not in, I'll tell him to check next door. Your girlfriend's family are guilty of this too, so her mum really won't like you once you've brought the police to her door.

Good idea as people need to seriously listen to government advice as it's only going to get worse until peoples families are dying and it'll be too late! I only go out for one thing eg shopping and always keep a distance but I've had people walk straight towards me and I have had to make an effort to avoid them. People don't seem to also be getting that you can carry it and not know but spread it onto others who may be more vulnerable. The death count daily is horrifying so please stay inside and stop the spread.
Original post by Student02030405
Good idea as people need to seriously listen to government advice as it's only going to get worse until peoples families are dying and it'll be too late! I only go out for one thing eg shopping and always keep a distance but I've had people walk straight towards me and I have had to make an effort to avoid them. People don't seem to also be getting that you can carry it and not know but spread it onto others who may be more vulnerable. The death count daily is horrifying so please stay inside and stop the spread.

The police do actually want to take action because it makes an example of people and will then hopefully stop other people from breaking the rules.
The police do actually want to take action because it makes an example of people and will then hopefully stop other people from breaking the rules.

Yeah and it'll prevent others if they actually do charge/fine people and also it'll prevent these people from breaking the law (Hopefully!) again
how can i misread her not talking to me lol

Fair enough, you already figured it out already, anyway.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending