University admission for British patterned education

Watch
Jack123-
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I did 6 Edexcel IGCSE’s. 3 in year-10 and 3 year in year-11 and planned to do my A levels in year 12 but I haven’t got the results I expected. In my school, year 12(2019-2020) is meant only for A level. So, I decided to leave school and retake all of the IGCSE’s with 2 extra subjects as a private candidate on May/June 2020( which is year 12) and to do 4 A levels in 2021(which is year 13). But exams got cancelled because of the epidemic. So, I decided to do 8 IGCSE’s with 4 A levels in 2021. Ik it’s crazy but the thing is I have studied for my IGCSE’s and right now (April 2020) I am studying for my A levels. And I am confident that I will achieve the grades I want. But my question is how will universities process my admission (in jan-feb 2021) when the deadline is before march which is also before the date of results?
Last edited by Jack123-; 1 year ago
teilchen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jack123-)
I did 6 Edexcel IGCSE’s. 3 in year-10 and 3 year in year-11 and planned to do my A levels in year 12 but I haven’t got the results I expected. In my school, year 12(2019-2020) is meant only for A level. So, I decided to leave school and retake all of the IGCSE’s with 2 extra subjects as a private candidate on May/June 2020( which is year 12) and to do 4 A levels in 2021(which is year 13). But exams got cancelled because of the epidemic. So, I decided to do 8 IGCSE’s with 4 A levels in 2021. Ik it’s crazy but the thing is I have studied for my IGCSE’s and right now (April 2020) I am studying for my A levels. And I am confident that I will achieve the grades I want. But my question is how will universities process my admission (in jan-feb 2021) when the deadline is before march which is also before the date of results?
You apply with predicted grades anyway so the alevels won’t be a problem but I don’t think a uni will give u an offer if you don’t have your GCSEs how bad were they bvz as long as u passed Maths and English u don’t really need to bother retaking them
Unless you wanna go to a top uni but even then u would probs need more than 8 GCSEs most ppl have 10 at A*A so this won’t help u anyway so yeh just apply with the GCSEs u already have and predicted alevel grades
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Like emilybond:) says, you can apply with predicted grades and they can give you a conditional offer, where it will be unconditional once you achieved these grades. However, the amount of GCSE you take is irrelevant since it gets taken into context at what school you go to so if they have the average number of GCSEs a student from their school has, then they are fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads