Is 30k salary at 24 years old good or average in today’s climate?

Watch this thread
qold
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m currently earning 31k. I aim to be 45k by the time i’m 30 at least which is 2 ‘promotions’ away. I am just wondering if this is a standard wage
nowadays or if I’m doing better than most. I’m 25 this year and i’m very conscious of my progress
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
It's a good salary for a 24 year old.
username4952620
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You are doing very well. Give yourself a pat on the back
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Yes a very good salary for a 24, year old.
difeo
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
sick humblebrag bro
Drewski
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by qold)
I’m currently earning 31k. I aim to be 45k by the time i’m 30 at least which is 2 ‘promotions’ away. I am just wondering if this is a standard wage
nowadays or if I’m doing better than most. I’m 25 this year and i’m very conscious of my progress
A cursory Google would have easily told you it's above the UK average wage for everybody.

What more did you need to know?
Quady
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by qold)
Today its excellent - you're young with a job. Today that's a lot better than many.

That said I made the same as that when I was the same age as you. That was over a decade ago.

By 30, back in 2014 I was on over £50k.

So they aren't so ambitious figures but good enough. Are you a uni grad?
NX172
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Depends on who you are comparing against, surely? The UK average? Doctors? Engineers? The average 25y/o working in Worcestershire?

The UK average: yeah, you're doing great. Well done, pat on the back, etc.
Other people with a degree working in London in a field with high earnings potential: It would be considered very low.

Without knowing a bit about your background I don't think anyone can provide a suitable benchmark.
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
No, I think that is good, not average.
qold
Rep:
(Original post by NX172)
Depends on who you are comparing against, surely? The UK average? Doctors? Engineers? The average 25y/o working in Worcestershire?

The UK average: yeah, you're doing great. Well done, pat on the back, etc.
Other people with a degree working in London in a field with high earnings potential: It would be considered very low.

Without knowing a bit about your background I don't think anyone can provide a suitable benchmark.
working in IT in london.
claineldn
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I wonder why the U.K. pay so low... in America, the entry level salary for most industries pay £50,000 and beyond!!
Profesh
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by qold)
I’m 25 this year and i’m very conscious of my progress
"Progress" towards what, exactly?
qold
Rep:
(Original post by Profesh)
"Progress" towards what, exactly?
higher positions, more money, investments
Profesh
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by qold)
higher positions, more money, investments
For what purpose?
Quady
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by qold)
working in IT in london.
Ah, ouch. OK not so good then. London is horribily expensive compared to the rest of the country. When I was on your wage at the same age in 2009 I was living in Warrington. £425/month for a one bed house with lounge to myself.
Drewski
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by claineldn)
I wonder why the U.K. pay so low... in America, the entry level salary for most industries pay £50,000 and beyond!!
£50,000, or $50,000?
CoryDeAth
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
That's beyond average, dude! :yep: you've done well for yourself, let's put it that way!
claineldn
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
£50,000, or $50,000?
£50,000 equivalent to nearly $70,000 in USD. America pays really well!
historicism
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(X) Doubt
Drewski
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
For entry level?
Bull.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (17)
27.42%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
50%
First aid skills (3)
4.84%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.61%
Sign language (8)
12.9%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.61%

Watched Threads