How do I remove someone from following me on here?

Watch
username3942526
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I want to remove a user from following me but not sure how
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I don't think that TSR has a block function, only ignore.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You can't.
username3942526
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
I don't think that TSR has a block function, only ignore.
Ignore button is useless when someone is following me to simply ‘stalk me’
Last edited by username3942526; 9 months ago
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ساره)
Ignore button is useless when someone is following me to simply to ‘stalk me’
I know.
In the last 6 month, a lot of TSR users have either left the site or deactivated their accounts then created new a one to shake off a cyber stalker/someone waging a hate campaign irl & online.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ساره)
Ignore button is useless when someone is following me to simply to ‘stalk me’
Report them
username4952620
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The stuff we can do to ignore someone on here is very limited. It's just a low-class block option
username3942526
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Report them
Another account created then what? I know they’ll just create another one. Very weird behaviour
username3942526
Rep:
?
I know.
In the last 6 month, a lot of TSR users have either left the site or deactivated their accounts then created new a one to shake off a cyber stalker/someone waging a hate campaign irl & online.
Wow. I just find that kind of behaviour extremely odd
username3942526
Rep:
?
(Original post by MoonlightRain)
The stuff we can do to ignore someone on here is very limited. It's just a low-class block option
Its people who have accounts that reach 2018 with zero threads/comments that I just want removed
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I know.
Seriously? I didn't pick up on such animosity here so far. Apart from one regular user who appears to starve for others' negative reactions. Only one.
username3942526
Rep:
?
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
Seriously? I didn't pick up on such animosity here so far. Apart from one regular user who appears to starve for others' negative reactions. Only one.
I’m not going to name him but there’s one guy who loved to annoy everyone on this site ages ago.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ساره)
I want to remove a user from following me but not sure how
I've literally had this conversation in ACT last week. Start a thread at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1215 , but also request that this functionality is enabled on TSR. The more of us ask for it, the more likely it is to happen.

I asked that we should be able to 'approve' people who want to follow us, and also to block them from so doing. I'm sure this should be a very easy thing for the dev team to do.
username4952620
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ساره)
Its people who have accounts that reach 2018 with zero threads/comments that I just want removed
Report to the mods but I doubt they'll do anything. I tried to report a stalker but they had Lots of gems and can see everything. Got me bare paranoid. Good luck sis x
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
Yes.
Some trolls can be very vitriolic, start threads which bombard specific users with abuse and get in the habit of sending threatening or illegal DMs.
Debates about politics, religion and the middle east can get heated very quickly.
Then spiral into vicious grudges that involve illegal conduct.
Celtic Conjurer
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You can’t. And tbh that function wouldn’t really change anything. Even if they couldn’t follow you they can still click on your profile and search all of your posts.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by WoodlandSorcerer)
You can’t. And tbh that function wouldn’t really change anything. Even if they couldn’t follow you they can still click on your profile and search all of your posts.
Yes, but it would still be helpful because it makes it just a bit more difficult. It's like a decent lock on a door: it doesn't in and of itself stop the determined burglar, but it does deter the casual thief.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
I've literally had this conversation in ACT last week. Start a thread at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1215 , but also request that this functionality is enabled on TSR. The more of us ask for it, the more likely it is to happen.

I asked that we should be able to 'approve' people who want to follow us, and also to block them from so doing. I'm sure this should be a very easy thing for the dev team to do.
Out of interest how many features are you aware of that have been introduced at users request?
username3942526
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)

Yeah it would help quite a lot. I’ll be sure To do so. (: thanks
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Out of interest how many features are you aware of that have been introduced at users request?
Zero. Doesn't stop me trying, though. Eternal optimist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (173)
58.84%
I don't have everything I need (121)
41.16%

Watched Threads