The Student Room Group

Chemistry A-level half equations

In my textbook I'm expected to know the formulae of various compound ions and also some half equations by heart; is this something that is expected of me? My textbook is fairly old so I'm unsure if this is still the case; advice regarding any exam board would help, but mine will be OCR. Also if you do/did need to know some half equations, could you list some/all of them for me so that I can begin learning them as well? Any advice/help would be appreciated
Hi, I moved your thread to a more specific forum :h: hopefully, people with more knowledge will see this better
Reply 2
OCR A or B?

Which textbook are you using?

Have you got a copy of the specification? It tells you which ions/half equations you need.

Assuming you're OCR A: 5.2.3 and 5.3.1 are your friends my friend. Apart from 2.1.2(a)(ii), but you should be fine with them.
Reply 3
Original post by Pigster
OCR A or B?

Which textbook are you using?

Have you got a copy of the specification? It tells you which ions/half equations you need.

Assuming you're OCR A: 5.2.3 and 5.3.1 are your friends my friend. Apart from 2.1.2(a)(ii), but you should be fine with them.

Sorry for replying late, I'm new to the website and thought it would email me when I got a thread response. I will check out the specification, thanks so much!
Reply 4
Not sure whether I am A or B but will look through both specifications in case.

Quick Reply

Latest