The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL MSc Computer Science (entry 2020/2021)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by eeysmk
It has also been 10 weeks since my last references were sent off as well. I guess we just have to hang in there!

Guess so! Good luck with your application :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by Rash184
Guess so! Good luck with your application :smile:

Good luck to you too! Hopefully we meet in September!
Reply 62
Application status just changed to currently being processed! Not very hopeful at this point though, I don't think there are many places left on the course
Reply 63
Original post by Rash184
Application status just changed to currently being processed! Not very hopeful at this point though, I don't think there are many places left on the course

Best of luck !!!
Reply 64
Original post by Rash184

I got in!!
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your background? Thank you very much!
Reply 66
Original post by martin0329
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your background? Thank you very much!

Thank you!

Sure, I'm currently completing my BSc in Geophysics at UCL, predicted grade is a 1st. I applied towards the end of Feb and my references were sent off by the 4th of March.

Are you waiting to hear back? If so, good luck with your application!
Appreciate the response! Yes, I am. My references were submitted in the beginning of April so I might have to wait for a while. Thank you!
Hello folks, I'm a bsc chemistry student currently studying in UCL, However I have become quite interested in quantum computers and a.i after studying quantum mechanics, Ive also started learning computer science basics on codeacademy. Would i be able to study computer science at masters level with a chemistry bsc? thank you in advance
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Rash184
I got in!!

Congratulations!! Do you have any experience coding?
Reply 70
Original post by Anonymous
Congratulations!! Do you have any experience coding?

Thank you! My current degree uses matlab a lot, and I'm teaching myself python on code academy, but apart from that my coding knowledge is pretty basic
Original post by Rash184
Thank you! My current degree uses matlab a lot, and I'm teaching myself python on code academy, but apart from that my coding knowledge is pretty basic

Oh wow Congratulations! Do you mind me asking if theres anything that you think made your application stand out? just considering that you came from a completely different background with basic coding knowledge

Please don't get my question wrong I wish you all the very best for sure. It is just that I came from a STEM degree, with strong coding experience and lots of achievements and responsibilities takes and still got rejected...
Reply 72
Oh wow Congratulations! Do you mind me asking if theres anything that you think made your application stand out? just considering that you came from a completely different background with basic coding knowledge

Please don't get my question wrong I wish you all the very best for sure. It is just that I came from a STEM degree, with strong coding experience and lots of achievements and responsibilities takes and still got rejected...

Hey, no offence taken don't worry! Hm I'm not sure. My current degree is also a STEM degree and I've got a good amount of extra curriculars. I am really interested in ML/AI which maybe came across in my personal statement - I've been doing a coursera course in ML and have finished a few little side projects. Also perhaps already being a student at UCL gave me an advantage.

As it is a conversion course maybe they felt you were overqualified? You could always ask for feedback as to why you were rejected.
So I’m at 6 weeks for CS. And I know most who applied had to wait (way) past six weeks but man it is hard to wait.
Original post by akaskret
So I’m at 6 weeks for CS. And I know most who applied had to wait (way) past six weeks but man it is hard to wait.

I am on my 12th week since my references were submitted.
That’s brutal.

I am on my 12th week since my references were submitted.
Original post by akaskret
That’s brutal.

The wait has my emotions fluctuating.
It's been quite a few weeks for me too. I can't imagine a scenario in which the program isn't full already. I think they're just waiting to see how many candidates will defer and based on that potentially consider others...
Reply 78
Out of interest, are there people who sent in their references after March 5th and have received either an acceptance or rejection response for the MSc in Computer Science?
Reply 79
Original post by eeysmk
Out of interest, are there people who sent in their references after March 5th and have received either an acceptance or rejection response for the MSc in Computer Science?

I sent my application mid-March; my references were sent towards end of March. I received an offer after about 6 weeks later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending