The Student Room Group

Ultimate Year 10 Study Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by firdouss
make sure you keep learning those quotes and make sure you answer the question for eg if it was on mr birling in every paragraph of you essay write hre mr birling is descrbed as such such do you get me

Yes. I get you. Cheers!
Original post by Tania23456
Anyone can give me some tips for English Literature? Thank you a lot!

Hey Tania,

You should use York notes which are really good and maybe make flashcards for them which will be useful when your revising in year 11 before the exams.

Also use Mr bruffs youtube channel which has beem really useful for me!

Hope this helps☺️
(BTW my name is also Tania)
Reply 222
Does anyone do GCSE economics here?
Anyone do textiles here? If you do, any tips on revising the theory?
Anyone here doing aqa Engineering?
Original post by a109
Does anyone do GCSE economics here?

Me!

I do OCR , how about you?
Reply 226
Original post by trathnagiri
Me!

I do OCR , how about you?

Same, I do OCR as well
Do you know any good resources for Economics because there are barely anything to revise from? And how do u revise for economics?
Original post by a109
Same, I do OCR as well
Do you know any good resources for Economics because there are barely anything to revise from? And how do u revise for economics?

Heyy,

You should use tutor2u , but mainly do a lot of practice papers from the ocr website so you get a hang of it....
How are you guys planning on learning your 15 poems :smile:
Reply 229
Does anyone here do GCSE OCR B Geography or GCSE AQA German?
Original post by tae155
I'm in year 10. 14 years old turning 15 soon. High-key depressed about my gcses. moved schools twice in the last year. I'm now back in the school I was in before and have a ton of stuff to catch up with.
I cant seem to start catching up. I bought all the textbooks I need. I can never manage to make myself start studying though. Whenever I try I end up getting distracted a lot by tsr and other stuff.
Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

A fellow Army I see but yeah I'm finding it really difficult to concentrate too :redface:
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
How are you guys planning on learning your 15 poems :smile:

I genuinely forgot that I need to learn those until you reminded me :rofl:
Anyone have any tips of French-speaking, listening and also some ideas other than flashcards to memorise french vocab.

Please give me ideas and ways to improve and become best, and not opinions and assumptions on how you could get better. Someone who had got 9 cuz of the technique they used to study french, hit me up by replying the techniques and methods used.
I know a total of about 2 languages already, my mother-tongue and English. So any ideas, techniques, tricks....
I am so desperate to get a 9 in french to say you'll honestly
Thanks first of all for reading through this. Hopefully you'd reply
Original post by Sabilashan
Anyone have any tips of French-speaking, listening and also some ideas other than flashcards to memorise french vocab.

Please give me ideas and ways to improve and become best, and not opinions and assumptions on how you could get better. Someone who had got 9 cuz of the technique they used to study french, hit me up by replying the techniques and methods used.
I know a total of about 2 languages already, my mother-tongue and English. So any ideas, techniques, tricks....
I am so desperate to get a 9 in french to say you'll honestly
Thanks first of all for reading through this. Hopefully you'd reply

Hi,
I was supposed to be sitting my French exams early this year, but they got cancelled :sigh:.

To memorise French vocab, I don't tend to use physical flashcards although my teacher has recommended it before. I prefer Quizlet because I mainly use Learn Mode and the Test function, but it's also got Flashcards on there so it might be useful to look into (this is presuming that you do physical flashcards :dontknow:). You can also create your own sets, or find sets that other people have already created.

I would also highly, highly recommend using Memrise on a frequent basis. People underestimate the power of this tool, but it is specifically designed to boost active recall and it's basically the tool that gave me solid foundations to progress higher (in terms of vocab). I would strongly recommend using either Memrise or Quizlet at least once a day to keep on top of vocabulary.

Have you ever tried blurt pages for vocabulary? If not then I'll explain what they are in another post, but they can be highly useful :yep:. Also just using the vocabulary you have learned in writing and speaking will boost your memory of them, as you will form connections based on your experiences with the language.

For speaking, I think it's highly important that you first look at the changes that Ofqual have made based on the exam, if you haven't already. You should find a link somewhere either in this thread or in the other Year 10 group chat thread. Generally for speaking, I just complete practice exam questions and look over grammar (I didn't really memorise answers for the general conversation so idrk how to advise you :blushing:).

For listening, again vocabulary is essential. If you don't have a CGP book, then I would invest in one as it's a true life-saver, it has so many practice questions and example responses that will really stretch you and help you see the types of answers that get a Grade 9. If you get the purple one, it has exam papers at the back as well . Specifically for listening, I would recommend going through those tasks and noting down vocabulary that you did not understand from the transcripts. Create Quizlet sets afterwards.

There is a website called Forvo which is great for listening to pronounciations on individual words, if that is what you need. Generally, listening to French music and French Youtube is a great way to immerse yourself in the language, learn and enjoy yourself at the same time. Plus it makes the listening in the exams seem so much slower, after listening to native speakers :dance:.

This is pretty much all I can think of atm. Could I just ask, what grade are you currently working at? I hope this helps a little, and feel free to PM me if you would like something checked over :smile:
Original post by Evil Homer

Welcome to Year 10 ultimate study group

After speaking to a few of you in the general chat thread, it seemed clear loads of people were looking for a place to chat, work together, share resources and generally study.... so here it is!!!

This thread is currently for absolutely every subject, but if here is demand to split out the conversation into different subjects or exam boards let me know and I will see what I can do :smile: I will keep the post below up to date with any useful resources or links that are shared in this thread. We may also run some fun competitions from time to time to keep things interesting and stop everyone going crazy with boredom!

If you are struggling with what your first post should be, why not share with us:

- Introduce yourself

- Subject choices

- What you are currently working on

- What you want to achieve next year

- Any extra curricular stuff you are doing for fun

If there is anything else you would like let me know.

Happy studying :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

hiya, im ashani
i'm 15 years old and im studin

Original post by username5209782
Heya :hi: I'm Roses & Dreams :colondollar:

My subjects are: English Literature (AQA), English Language (AQA), Maths (AQA), Biology (AQA), Chemistry (AQA), Physics (AQA), French (AQA) :france:, BTEC Sports Studies *unfortunately :bawling:* (I have no clue what exam board this is, defo not AQA... ruined my pattern :mad:), Spanish (AQA) and another language GCSE woohoo.

Next year... good grades? :rofl: In all honesty I know it won't be easy with ~so many~ exams, but I want to challenge myself and make sure that I enjoy the final year with my friends :yep: (before we get roasted in Year 12 :nope: :rip:).

Before Mr Rona knocked on the door :cheeky: I did lots of sports, but I'm going to have to give up a few as they took up a lot of time....
During lockdown, I'm trying to learn the guitar and to cook lol (mainly cause I burnt pot noodle once which was embarrassing :blushing:).

Good luck Class of 2021! :rave: (and thanks @Evil Homer , I really appreciate this thread :borat:).

omggg i love that you burnt pot noodles hehe
Original post by Evil Homer

Welcome to Year 10 ultimate study group

After speaking to a few of you in the general chat thread, it seemed clear loads of people were looking for a place to chat, work together, share resources and generally study.... so here it is!!!

This thread is currently for absolutely every subject, but if here is demand to split out the conversation into different subjects or exam boards let me know and I will see what I can do :smile: I will keep the post below up to date with any useful resources or links that are shared in this thread. We may also run some fun competitions from time to time to keep things interesting and stop everyone going crazy with boredom!

If you are struggling with what your first post should be, why not share with us:

- Introduce yourself

- Subject choices

- What you are currently working on

- What you want to achieve next year

- Any extra curricular stuff you are doing for fun

If there is anything else you would like let me know.

Happy studying :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey everyone, my name is Alison
The subjects that i am study at the moment are:

English language and literature Edexcel
Combined science AQA
Maths Edexcel
sociology AQA
Music Edexcel
History Edexcel
Religious Studies AQA

I really don't like maths and my favourite subjects are english and sociology.
I would like to get these grades for gcses :
Maths-7
English lang-9
English lit-8
music-6
science-7 and 8
history-7
Sociology-9
RS-9

my predicted grades are 6s and 7s in all subjects
and i would also love to be a lawyer, business owner or a paediatrician when I am older

Quick Reply

Latest