The Student Room Group

Ultimate Year 10 Study Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Evil Homer

Welcome to Year 10 ultimate study group

After speaking to a few of you in the general chat thread, it seemed clear loads of people were looking for a place to chat, work together, share resources and generally study.... so here it is!!!

This thread is currently for absolutely every subject, but if here is demand to split out the conversation into different subjects or exam boards let me know and I will see what I can do :smile: I will keep the post below up to date with any useful resources or links that are shared in this thread. We may also run some fun competitions from time to time to keep things interesting and stop everyone going crazy with boredom!

If you are struggling with what your first post should be, why not share with us:

- Introduce yourself

- Subject choices

- What you are currently working on

- What you want to achieve next year

- Any extra curricular stuff you are doing for fun

If there is anything else you would like let me know.

Happy studying :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey!! I'm Pari.
I'm obviously in year 10. I like to do a lot of things: sports, music, cooking/baking, arts and crafts and everything in between.

Currently, I'm studying:
Maths (Pearson)
English Lit. (AQA)
English Lang. (AQA)
Triple Science (AQA)
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Physics
Geography (AQA)
French (AQA)
Art (Pearson)
Psychology (AQA) - maybe

I'm working towards all 9's but I'm hoping I get 7/8 and above for everything.
All this to become a neurosurgeon. :smile:
Thanks for the tag
I'm Jesslyn <3I'm doing:Triple Science (AQA)Higher maths (Edexcel)SpanishGeographyEnglish LitEnglish LanguageMediaRSAnd. i'm just tryna get into a good college and then do a midwifery course and hopefully become a midwife :biggrin:
Original post by Unicorn2020
Hi I am Charli and I am in Year 10.
My favourite Hobbies: Watching Anime, Creative writing, music and Baking.
I am currently studying:
Drama (Edexcel)
History (OCR)
Textiles (AQA)
BTEC Sport (Pearson)
Chemistry (AQA)
Biology (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
English Language (AQA)
English Literature (AQA)

I am working towards 7s,8s and 9s but i am hoping to get 8s and 9s.
After year 11, I want to do sixthform so i can study Psychology, English and Performing Arts.
I would want to study science related subject so i could have a good career which is related to Psychology.

Somebody else who does BTEC Sports Studies! :awesome: How far through the course are you?
Original post by Roses & Dreams x
Somebody else who does BTEC Sports Studies! :awesome: How far through the course are you?

Well halfway. Me and my class were meant do our exam this May but it got cancelled so it has been moved to next year.
Hi I’m Josh, I’m doing Maths, English, Double Award Science, Spanish, Food Technology, Digital Technology (ICT) and RE (All CCEA)
I want As and Bs but we know that ain’t happening so um happy with Bs and Cs
For fun I’m in the school band, eco club and news team (I miss these now we’re off) and during lockdown I’m teaching myself Ukulele and I already play Saxophone (Just gone grade 4 a few weeks back and PASSED!!!!) and Baritone in my local silver band

And in future, I want to go onto Sixth Form and then onto study Computing and IT at Uni!
(edited 4 years ago)
Well halfway. Me and my class were meant do our exam this May but it got cancelled so it has been moved to next year.

Oh, I'm sorry :nope: we did ours straight after Christmas. Right now I'm on the practical sport component :crazy: (I've barely done any of it :redface:)

After speaking to a few of you in the general chat thread, it seemed clear loads of people were looking for a place to chat, work together, share resources and generally study.... so here it is!!!

This thread is currently for absolutely every subject, but if here is demand to split out the conversation into different subjects or exam boards let me know and I will see what I can do :smile: I will keep the post below up to date with any useful resources or links that are shared in this thread. We may also run some fun competitions from time to time to keep things interesting and stop everyone going crazy with boredom!

If you are struggling with what your first post should be, why not share with us:

- Introduce yourself

- Subject choices

Heya am myself
Edexcel IGCSE Maths
" " English Language A
" " B.S
" " Accounts
" " Econ
" " ICT
" " French
" " Computer Science
I am hoping to get some revision guide notes and Q&A to advance my knowledge before the exam comes, tend of this year
I want a lot of help in french so please help me
I wish to get all 9s and 8s

Well, I learn penetration testing and a little bit proficient in it
Reply 28

- Introduce yourself

- Subject choices

Hi ! I'm Lili_b3,
I'm in year 10
My subject choices are...
COMPULSORY: Maths, English lit and lang, Religious Studies, (Triple) Science
CHOSEN: French, History and Art
Of course, I want 8's and 9's but AQA Science is killing me :colondollar:
At the moment I am trying to learn BSL, writing a story and gradually completing the work we've been set over Easter.
Also, I'm trying to get back into a constant routine in terms of my work. :smile:
Hi, I'm Anthony, I'm 15
My choices are:
Triple science (higherAQA)
Maths (higherAQA)
English literature(Edexcel)
English language (Edexcel)
History (Edexcel)
Design technology(AQA)
French(Edexcel)
Computer Science(OCR)

This year I'm working on:
Improving my maths and English grades (my worst subjects, I'm not necessarily doing horrible in maths but my English is dropping)
I'm also might attempt a robotics project this year

Next year I hope to:
Get my maths to a solid 8 and my English to a 7, I'm not all that concerned about my other subjects

In my spare time I really enjoying looking into biomedical and robotics engineering, I'm currently hoping to engage in some projects. I used to do more extra/supercurriculars but quarantine has put a lot of that on hold.
(edited 4 years ago)

- Introduce yourself

- Subject choices

Hiii I'm Dani and I'm 15. I like playing sports (tennis and running especially) and enjoy learning languages in my spare time.
My subject choices are...
Maths - Higher (Edexcel)
English Language (AQA)
English Literature (AQA)
Triple Science (AQA)
- Chemistry - Higher
- Biology - Higher
- Physics - Higher
French - Higher (AQA)
Geography (AQA)
German - Higher (AQA)
Computer Science (Edexcel)
My target grade is currently a 7 however I'm working at grade 8/9 standard in Maths, French, German and all of the sciences.
My goal by the end of year 11 is to boost my grades in computer science and geography especially.
Original post by Sabilashan
Heya am myself
Edexcel IGCSE Maths
" " English Language A
" " B.S
" " Accounts
" " Econ
" " ICT
" " French
" " Computer Science
I am hoping to get some revision guide notes and Q&A to advance my knowledge before the exam comes, tend of this year
I want a lot of help in french so please help me
I wish to get all 9s and 8s

Well, I learn penetration testing and a little bit proficient in it

Hiya :hello:
What do you specifically need help with in French?

- Introduce yourself

- Subject choices

1.Hi, I'm Megan! 14 currently in year 10 from Newcastle:smile:

2.My subject choices are
Core:
-Maths
-English (Language/Literature)
-Physics
-Biology
-Chemistry
Other:
-Religious Studies
-French
-Art
-Geography
-BTEC Sport

3.Currently working on getting myself caught up on school work and ALOT of missed coursework:frown:

4.Next year i want to achieve 7's-9's in my exams and a L2D* on my BTEC course!

5.Usually i am part of the air cadets however due to Covid-19, it has been called off:/
I also enjoy going to festivals and concerts!

- Introduce yourself

- Subject choices

I am currently studying:
Drama (Edexcel)
History (OCR)
Textiles (AQA)
BTEC Sport (Pearson)
Chemistry (AQA)
Biology (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
English Language (AQA)
English Literature (AQA)

After year 11, I want to do sixthform so i can study Psychology, English and Performing Arts.
I would want to study science related subject so i could have a good career which is related to Psychology.
After Sixth Form i am thinking of wanting to do a gap year before Uni.
I am currently studying:
Drama (Edexcel)
History (OCR)
Textiles (AQA)
BTEC Sport (Pearson)
Chemistry (AQA)
Biology (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
English Language (AQA)
English Literature (AQA)

After Sixth Form i am thinking of wanting to do a gap year before Uni.

What Play are you studying for Drama (Edexcel)? I'm doing An Inspector Calls.
Original post by king1234567890
What Play are you studying for Drama (Edexcel)? I'm doing An Inspector Calls.

Me too. My class are studying Inspector Calls in Drama.
(edited 4 years ago)

- Introduce yourself

- Subject choices

Hi, I'm Sarah

I do
Maths GCSE (AQA)
English GCSE (AQA)
Science GCSE (AQA)
Drama GCSE (OCR??? i think lmao)
Music BTEC (no clue)
Business & Enterprise (Cambridge National???? Idk)
Media (idk its the one thats worth 3 GCSEs

I'm currently working on not staying up until 3am (which is something I didn't do before :'( corona ruined my sleep schedule)

I want to achieve good grades and be healthier I guess and stop stressing about the future (I'll probs stress more tho yay)

Something extracurricular would be watching various theatre and dance class livestreams and natalie weiss

idk i'm tired its nearly midnight don't judge me
Reply 37
Original post by shainaaa14
Hello, my name is Shaina.
I have Maths - Edexcel
English - AQA
Science - Edexcel
Geography - AQA
Business - OCR
RE - Equadas
Art
I am currently working on to achieve different styles of revision technique and to wake up more earlier.
One activity I am doing is exercising and avoiding added sugar.

That's great keep up that + super is massive problem so well done 👍 .
Reply 38

- Introduce yourself

- Subject choices

Hi, My name is Waleed and I'm 15
Subjects:
English Language/Literature-AQA
Maths-Edexcel
Physics-Edexcel
Chemistry-Edexcel
Biology-Edexcel
RS-AQA
Geography-AQA
French-AQA

I want to get all grade 8/9 for all of my subjects.
I want to become a theoretical physicist and a cosmologist.
For A-levels, I want to pick Physics, Maths and further maths, and for University I want to study physics at Oxford and get a PhD from Oxford or Cambridge
I play cricket for extra-curricular activities.
Hello, I am a studytuber and would love it if you could support my channel by watching my videos and subscribe. My channel name is H Studies and if you have any video suggestions leave them in the comments in any of my videos.

My GCSE subjects are:
AQA Psychology
AQA French
AQA English
Edexcel Maths
Edexcel Triple Science

Quick Reply

Latest