Dream university but not dream course

Watch
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I don't know what to do I have an offer from my dream university (Edinburgh) for Chinese. But my dream course is medicine (which would mean I need to do chemistry a level and re do biology a level).

I don't know what to do as I am really pleased with the offer from Edinburgh but it is not my dream course. Any advice?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
I don't know what to do I have an offer from my dream university (Edinburgh) for Chinese. But my dream course is medicine (which would mean I need to do chemistry a level and re do biology a level).

I don't know what to do as I am really pleased with the offer from Edinburgh but it is not my dream course. Any advice?
In my opinion, the course is not nearly as important as the city. You are only at the uni for a few years, but the course is for life (especially Medicine)

If your heart is set on Medicine, then redo Chemistry and Biology. Otherwise go for whatever course you have.
casabonita
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if your dream is to become a doctor, maybe it is worthwhile to redo ur a levels, as you'd have a completely different life and career path if you do chinese. would be worth the extra 2 years of a levels
scrollandquills
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
you have options
1) stay do your course and apply to graduate medicine
2) redo your bio and chem a level
3) apply to medicine with a foundation year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
10.39%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (50)
64.94%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (11)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (7)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.3%

Watched Threads