Drama or Computer Science? im stuck!

Watch
elliezerah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
hi im doing something called an e-bacc (a language, history/geography,core subject, pe/dance and one more subject) i have chosen spanish, history, and pe, but im stuck between drama and computer science.
i want to take a subject which can be useful for many jobs in the future, but also creative, what should i choose?
1st superstar
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
choose computer science IMO entertainmyfaith any advice?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
GCSE subjects don't really matter unless its a requirement for an A level or a GCSE requirement for a uni course, which is most commonly maths, English language and specific sciences. I suggest you choose the one you would enjoy more or get the higher grade in because of employers/unis care more about your grades rather what subject you took. The only reason why you would take a specific GCSE apart from enjoying it is gaining skills from it but you could do that with other projects with more value.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
choose the subject you think you'd enjoy the most. i took compsci and didn't like it for various reasons but what matters is you take a subject that you like and are willing to put the effort in for. drama is probably more creative than compsci depending on your perspective :dontknow: but taking one rather than the other won't close any doors really.
elliezerah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
GCSE subjects don't really matter unless its a requirement for an A level or a GCSE requirement for a uni course, which is most commonly maths, English language and specific sciences. I suggest you choose the one you would enjoy more or get the higher grade in because of employers/unis care more about your grades rather what subject you took. The only reason why you would take a specific GCSE apart from enjoying it is gaining skills from it but you could do that with other projects with more value.
thank you for your comment, its been the deciding factor of what i want to do (ive been stuck for 3 weeks) and this is the comment i really needed, ive decided to do computer science. Thank you!!!!!!!
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by elliezerah)
thank you for your comment, its been the deciding factor of what i want to do (ive been stuck for 3 weeks) and this is the comment i really needed, ive decided to do computer science. Thank you!!!!!!!
No problem Good luck with computer science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads