Im studying GCSE Maths from SCRATCH!!!!!

Watch
Milwyr-Celtaidd
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Im studying GCSE Maths from SCRATCH and would like a list of subjects to study as i dont have a clue where to start. Also i would like a suggestion of good revision books i could buy.

I am trying to achieve a pass grade and would like to do this having studied as little subjects as possible. (I know i should aim for a 9 to be safe)

i will be revising by myself and trying to do this in the military hence wanting as little subjects as possible that will achieve a pass.

I know i should aim for the higher gcse as the foundation paper is harsh on the marks. Also i have heared that the edexcel paper is better than AQA paper.

I just want to study some subjects then achieve a 4.
Milwyr-Celtaidd
Rep:
?
Also i am a complete noob and have forgotten everything from school.
RebelDreaming
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Milwyr-Celtaidd)
Also i am a complete noob and have forgotten everything from school.
what year are you?
Milwyr-Celtaidd
Rep:
?
(Original post by RebelDreaming)
what year are you?
I am not in school. I am 21. I am trying to study and then take the gcse. I have never sat a maths GCSE as when i WAS in school i couldnt have cared less about GCSE'S because i knew i didnt need any to be in the military but NOW i know they are needed for a role i want in the raf.
Milwyr-Celtaidd
Rep:
?
So im starting to notice i made a oops.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You could start by picking a gcse board (ie aqa) then buy a study guide for the subject. Then you can look into how much you can do, try previous exams, maybe consider a tutor if it’s tough.
Dancer2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Just maths has worksheets for almost every topic, sorted into foundation and higher.
https://justmaths.co.uk/2015/11/29/9...ion-version-2/

I would start by focusing on foundation paper stuff, and maybe move onto higher papers when you can get at least 60%.
I would start by doing a past paper so you have an idea of where you are at.
https://revisionmaths.com/gcse-maths...hs-past-papers

Primrose kitten has YouTube videos on every GCSE topic, you could start by taking notes on these if that helps you.
Last edited by Dancer2001; 6 months ago
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
https://corbettmaths.com/contents/
Corbett Maths (linked above) is a great resource for gcse maths, with videos and questions for each topic.
This is a checklist for AQA higher, however if you just search whatever exam board gcse maths checklist, you should find the one you want, - make sure to specify higher or foundation.

You will need to think about where you will sit your exams. Is there an exam centre or school near you? When they’re open again you will need to enquire whether you can sit your exams there. Do you want to do them in the summer, or for the November series? All things to think about
Milwyr-Celtaidd
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice all!!!

i have bought 2 edexcel maths revision books. 1 foundation revision and the other higher revision.

I will take a look at just maths and primrose kitten.

Also i WILL try to achieve 60% competency in foundation before attempting higher.

Thanks
Milwyr-Celtaidd
Rep:
?
I will check out corbett maths.

Also i have contacted a sixth form college and they said i can sit a AQA paper in November.

But i wont do this i will need to keep studying and then sit the exam in the future. I will have a better chance 100% by doing this.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Have you talked to anyone at your RAF learning centre? They may well have advice and be able to help you find an exam centre (and possibly even tuition). (I know the Navy used to provide GCSE maths courses for Naval personnel.and had it's own registered exam centres. No idea if it still does or if the RAF has something similar.)
HardWork101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi it’s been a while since you’ve posted but I just wanna say thanks for your service

I’m also trying to pass maths so just gonna leave a reply so this gets more popular with more ppl to help u
15977emily
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This might help?
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (35)
15.49%
I'm not sure (8)
3.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (82)
36.28%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.77%
I'm not a current university student (97)
42.92%

Watched Threads