Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by emily.g34)
Alevel sociology thanks
Hey emily.g34

I studied Sociology at A-Level and at uni too.

There was a lot of theory and essay writing involved at A-Level. We looked at some of the following topics: The Family, Social inequalities affecting the education system, Crime, The 7 World Religions including cults and sects and research methods.

If I can help you at all, let me know.

Ashley
emily.g34
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hey emily.g34

I studied Sociology at A-Level and at uni too.

There was a lot of theory and essay writing involved at A-Level. We looked at some of the following topics: The Family, Social inequalities affecting the education system, Crime, The 7 World Religions including cults and sects and research methods.

If I can help you at all, let me know.

Ashley
By any chance did you look at organised crime as that's that's what I'm wanting to do my epq about however I can't if it clash with the syllabus??
I'm thinking about doing a joint degree of criminology and sociology at uni?
What made you choose Liverpool and sociology? ??
Thanks
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by emily.g34)
By any chance did you look at organised crime as that's that's what I'm wanting to do my epq about however I can't if it clash with the syllabus??
I'm thinking about doing a joint degree of criminology and sociology at uni?
What made you choose Liverpool and sociology? ??
Thanks
Hey emily.g34

We looked at white-collar crime more specifically, however not every syllabus for Sociology is the same. If you are worried about it clashing with your EPQ, you could always contact your teachers (head of sociology may be helpful) and air your concerns. I am sure they will be able to offer you the best support and advice on how you can move forward with studying Sociology and doing your EPQ on organised crime.

Sociology and Criminology is a popular course at uni and is one that complements each other well. I studied Sociology and Special Educational Needs at uni and really enjoyed studying two subjects. It wasn't any harder or more work, it was a 50/50 split of courses. I chose Liverpool because I live on the Wirral (roughly 4 miles away from Liverpool) and I just loved the city. It is a buzzing city full of students and always has something fun going out throughout the year, particularly for students.

I hope you find this helpful. Let me know if I can help again.

Best of luck!

Ashley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (533)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (647)
41.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (317)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed